Title OPEN SoundS - Peer education on the internet for social sounds
Project Number 2011-1-IT1-LEO05-01908
Product list_of_collaborative systems to make music
Title list_of_collaborative systems to make music
Product Type others
Marketing Text Research conducted by the partners has allowed us to identify the major information systems (collaborative environments, learning tools, etc.) related to Open Sounds
Description The research conducted by the partners has allowed us to identify the major information systems (collaborative environments, learning tools, etc.) related to Open Sounds. We classified the systems in three categories: collaborative environments for music-making, educational environments and projects addressing collaborative music, and generic document sharing and collaboration. The last category has been added as our research has shown that most productive collaborative tasks is currently taking place using generic tools such as email and filesharing systems like Dropbox.
- Students in the VET system in the partner countries,
- Teachers and trainers in the education and training system connected to the music public and private sectors (educational institutions, regional territorial agencies, etc.),
- Policy makers,
- Any other potential stakeholders of the project
The partners identified several web services related to the Open SoundS project. Some of these include a plug-in for production - real-time jamming, recording etc.
We carried out a preliminary survey to discard a sub-set of these systems, following the criteria:
• systems without recorded activity (file upload) in the last week;
• systems partially out of the project topics, such as jam session environment;
• systems strictly related to a specific commercial software (i.e. communities of a specific, commercial, software users).
Area of application
Post-secondary non-tertiary education
Product Languages English