Title Health C - Improving crisis communication skills in health emergency management
Project Number 527535-LLP-1-2012-1-PT-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Innovationsentwicklung
Country EU-Zentralisierte Projekte
Marketing Text Der HEALTHC projeckt wird entwikelt wichtige Wertzeuge. Krisenmanagement und Kommunikation Kurse werden wird angeboten.
Summary The Health C project aimed at supporting health authorities’ staff in the development of the competences required for managing communication in emergency situations caused by a health crisis in a scenario of transnational emergencies. The main achievements of the project include the development of a training course in communication in emergency situations and the respective training material, including a tool-kit.
In an emergency situation, health care managers, population and media are all request to respond rapidly and effectively to maintain or restore normal conditions, allowing access to health care for the affected population.
As showed in recent emergency situation, establishing an effective communication channels among all the actors involved in an emergency has been proved to be an important instrument to allow a quick and efficient response to the crisis situation. Guarantying a continue exchange of information among health authorities, population and media, using different communication channels (social networks, blogs, online magazines and other web portal) is essential to manage a emergency in the most effective way.
Based on this fact and emerging trends, there is a relevant need of training procedure how to use communication efficiently within an emergency and which crisis management procedure should be follow, especially for the staff working in health sector in order to acquire new competences about the management of global emergencies from the communication point of view. Nonetheless, an effective use of communication tools and procedures also implies that the population in general and media can efficiently contribute to the management of the emergency providing information and exchanging data.
To this purpose, the HEALTH C project developed a set of tools providing a training course in crisis management and communication based on the experience of the single partners and with the final objective to harmonize and capitalize the contents in order to provide a full spectrum course useful to face different type of transnational emergency. In this perspective, the HEALTH C project aims setting up a common pattern of content in communication of crisis situation with the final scope of developing a training course and a set of communication tools for increase the competences of the health sector staff.
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
Information und Kommunikation
Erziehung und Unterricht
The main results/products include:
- Providing health authorities’ staff with specialized competence and skills in how to make a effective use of traditional and news communication channels in an emergency context.
-Focus on new social media/network and online tools used as helpful channels in emergency situation is in line with the recent trend and existing projects aiming to enhance the role of e-health, allowing a two-way exchange of information between public health institutions, general population and media.
- Providing a widespread access to the mentioned crisis management communication capacities for health authorities (primary target) bur also taking into account the feedback of the other several different actors in an emergency (secondary target group): the population, the media and the civil organizations.
- Create a bridge between the two mentioned target groups, reinforcing the useful collaboration among them and increasing the information flow during an emergency.
-Having a potential transversal impact, meaning that crisis management and communication tools will increase the competence of the health authorities’ staff and positively offering new skills on the job market, creating new competence and new job absolutely useful for the security and the safety for the society.
- Capitalizing the knowledge already developed and the experience both from the health authorities and the population and media: this will allow building new knowledge in crisis communication and integrating the feedback received from population and media.
- Preparing an innovative and full spectrum training course that will makes use of recent e-learning and m-learning technologies, integrating with the use of a tool-kit, made with audio-visual contents and interactive materials.
- Taking into account the results of previous project in the area, for example the HEALTHREATS project, funded by EACH and focusing on the he Decision Support System (DSS) in local health authorities