Title Training for European Sustainable Tourism (T4EST)
Project Number 527521-LLP-1-2012-1-IT-LEONARDO-LAM
Product PM4ESD manual
Title PM4ESD manual
Product Type teaching material
the PM4ESD manual includes the PM4ESD methodology. It has been created in 5 languages - English, Italian, Polish, German, Turkish. (http://www.adam-europe.eu/prj/6055/prj/PM4ESD%20Manual%20EN.pdf), and it will be translated in 2 more languages: french and Spanish.
The PM4ESD manual includes forewords of Carlo Fidanza, Member of the European Parliament – Rapporteur for the European Parliament on the new political framework for tourism in Europe and Christiane Dabdoub Nasser, Team Leader for the Euromed Heritage Programme. The manual has also received a validation from the UK Cabinet Office. The Cabinet Office is a separate department of HM Government (HMG), which has created on behalf of Her Majesty's Government “The Best Management Practice products “ to protect and disseminate management best practices such as PRINCE2. (http://www.best-management-practice.com/). Thus, PM4ESD has then been awarded by the UK Cabinet Office to be disseminated as a Best Management Practice.
The manual is based on the de-facto project management standard PRINCE2®, including where necessary, elements of the programme management standard MSP® (Managing Successful Projects) especially for the analysis of the project benefits. The starting point is the Project’s Life Cycle, thus the PM4ESD approach refers also to the Project Cycle Management, and to the Logical Framework as a suggested method for project planning.
Objectives of the PM4ESD Manual:
The main objective of the PM4ESD Manual is to be a useful and practical reference for:
- Efficient and effective management of tourism initiatives;
- Effective decision making about tourism programmes, strategies and projects;
- Training professionals involved in one of the 2 above mentioned activities (management and/or decision making).
The PM4ESD Manual is tailored to suit the needs of everyone involved and interested in the management of projects that develop European sustainable tourism. This includes:
- Professionals involved in the day to day management of tourism initiatives (projects, programmes, strategies) for sustainable development: project managers, programme managers, executives, project officers, members of project or programme boards, project stakeholders, tourist operators;
- Professionals involved in decision making at a local, regional, national or European level in the fields of sustainable development policy, tourism and cultural heritage management: policy makers, project evaluators;
- Vocational education trainers and students in the fields of tourism and cultural heritage management.
Result Disseminate the PM4ESD methodology in 2 further languages: french, spanish.
Area of application training classes, e-learning