Title ECVision. A European System of Comparability and Validation of Supervisory Competences
Project Number 527220-LLP-1-2012-AT-LEONARDO-LMP
Product The ECVision Competence Framework of Supervision and Coaching
Title The ECVision Competence Framework of Supervision and Coaching
Product Type transparency and certification
Marketing Text The Competence Framework and the added Competence Matrix provide European comparability of supervision and coaching and by that fostering both European common grounds and national diversity of approaches;
The Competence Framework includes:
• Tasks and responsibilities of supervision and coaching described in Learning Outcomes;
• The stages of competence development between level 4-7 to describe the different levels of mastery;
• Mandatory and optional competences on a European level;
• The relation of the Competence Matrix to Learning Units and ECVET exemplarily by reference to the curriculum of TOPS e.V. (Partner 5)
Developing the Competence Matrix we have to face one crucial critical factor:
If the VET providers perceive it as a regulation like a “European Standard Curriculum”, they will refuse to use it. If they get the idea the Competence Matrix is a usable tool helping them to describe their own curricula following the EQF-logic, they will accept and use it. Any step taken has to take this factor into account.
• National associations for supervision
• VET providers for supervision
• Individual supervisors and coaches:
• Customers in personnel development
• European comparability of supervision and coaching and by that fostering both European common grounds and national diversity of approaches;
• A description in Learning Outcomes and Learning Units that opens the profession for viability to European efforts as EQF/NQF, ECVET and ECTS.
• The sound reference to Learning Outcomes will support the permeability between VET and Higher Education provided training programmes;
Area of application The European professional community of supervision and Coaching.