Title T-GuIDE: Tourist Guides for Intellectually Disabled in Europe
Project Number 527776-LLP-1-2012-1-IT-LEONARDO-LMP
Product T-GuIDE Manual and Courseware (Pilot version)
Title T-GuIDE Manual and Courseware (Pilot version)
Product Type material for open learning
The final Manual will clarify what intellectual disabilities are, how they recognize them, how to deal with them at different stages of their guide activity from reception to departure.
It is multi-modular because it includes APL of typical tourist guide knowledge (vocational assessment) ; development of intellectual disability; understanding and overcoming shortcomings while doing their job (training); practical development with medical issues and counselling aspects (medical /care/counselling) - visits, witnessing counselling sessions, hands-on, lectures, brief lists and contact) and will include the good practice examples of experiences of guides with such target group in their professional life + an opinion of a professional (do, and do nots).
This is the Project milestone.
A) T-GuIDE Manual aims:
1) to break prejudices concerning this kind of disability- basic knowledge about intellectual disabilities;
2) to provide basic knowledge on understanding and recognizing behaviours and typology of human development capacities;
3) to provide basic knowledge for understanding medical aspects and emergency help in different cases –
4) sets of “real-life” scenarios on typical situations, needs, preferences and requirements beneficiaries; anxiety, uncertainty management;
5) pedagogical supports (personal assistance, technical means, tools)
B) The Courseware (supported by an e-learning course handbook) aims at:
identify Modules, contents, didactical methodologies, specific targets of the training course, number of hours per day and week distribution, evaluation grids.
Online Survey to T-GuIDE stakeholders will be taken into consideration.
E-learning platform (integration of www.accesstraining.eu) and paper material will be available.
Target group Tourist Guides, Accessible tourit experts/agencies/NGOs, intellectually disabled
Result Contents for physical and e-learning Training
Area of application Training model
Product Languages English