Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The project addresses the problem of improving quality assurance systems in VET and use of EQAVET. The project EXPANDVET transfered good practice and innovation from previous Leonardo da Vinci development of innovation project BEQUAL. Main reason of the project origin was development and adoption of self-evaluation approaches, assessment culture also practical application of CQAF in Lithuania, Austria, Poland and United Kingdom.
The TOI EXPAND QUALITY ASSURANCE IN VET (BENCHMARKING TOOL) LLP-LdV-TOI-2012-LT-0117 project addresses the problem of improving quality assurance systems in VET. The project EXPANDVET transfered good practice and innovation techniques to four EU countries (Lithuania, Austria, Poland and United Kingdom) from previous Leonardo da Vinci development of innovation project "Benchmarking Tool for Quality Assurance in VET (BEQUAL)". Main reason of the project was development and adoption of self-evaluation approaches, assessment culture also practical application of CQAF which is poor in partner’s countries.
The main outcomes:
• Developed quality assurance in VET institutions through promotion of self-evaluation, quality benchmarking and networking in VET.
• Promoted the use of European Quality Assurance Reference Framework (EQAVET) in VET institutes.
• Updated outcomes related to the implementation of CQAF in the view of adaptation to EQAVET.
• Practical application of the quality assurance framework in VET through the use of online benchmarking tool and good practice database.
• Promoted international cooperation and exchange of experience through enhancement of thematic portal in quality assurance and expanding the Community of Practice.
The project was implemented by 6 partners from 5 EU countries. The consortium was based on the effort to use the best European practice in the field of quality assurance systems in VET. Each country had its own tools, instruments and procedures as well as different contexts: different legislation, educational systems. From core partner IDEC (Greece) all other partners was imported the innovation, which was eventually upgraded its ability to implement and benchmark quality assurance in VET.
• Examined the existing approaches for quality assurance in participating countries
• Transferred, adapted and piloted the benchmarking tool in Lithuania, Austria, Poland and United Kingdom.
• Developed the Lithuanian and Polish language versions of the thematic portal.
• Enriched the thematic portal with various content, documents, links, articles, videos.
• Disseminated and promoted the benchmarking tool at regional, national and European level.
• Collaborated in development of products and quality assurance practices.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Information and Communication
- On-line benchmarking tool, which offers VET institutions the possibility to compare their quality processes and practices and to identify their strong points and processes to be improved compared to competition. The core of the benchmarking tool is a multiple choice questionnaire to be filled in by VET providers. Each institution has to self-assess its state of fulfillment of the indicator in question and to compare its results with similar institutions operating in the same country and/or in other countries. The tool offers VET stakeholders, policy makers and consultants information on which indicators are at a good point of fulfillment by the majority of VET institutions concerned and which points need to be further enhanced. The benchmarking tool is hosted in the thematic portal.
- Web based quality sharing network and good practice centre establishing Community of Practice (CoP) in the field of quality assurance in VET. Establishment of CoP involves also a series of networking activities for VET stakeholders and practitioners, blogging in the thematic portal, creation of profiles over facebook and twitter.
- Thematic portal on quality assurance in VET, hosted in the address www.bequal.info. The portal includes the following functions: Online benchmarking tool, good practice centre, statistics, blogs, news and news feeds, links, library, resources and articles, polls, on-line login module and information on the project. The portal is multilingual. The national versions are not identical with the English one.