Title MaecVET - EC VET Portail pour la Promotion et Reconnaissance Mutuelle des Professions de Masseur en Europe
Project Number 527 330-LLP-1-2012 1 DE-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Développement d'innovation
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Marketing Text MaecVET a pour but de développer une carte ECVET pour la reconnaissance des professions de masseur en Europe. La carte ECVET facilite la comparaison et la reconnaissance des formations et professions de masseur au niveau européen et améliore la mobilité des travailleurs européens.
The Project MaecVET refers to the following situation in massage professions: There are no valid and comparable data available concerning the content, level, duration, legal frameworks, certificates and diploma etc. of massage professions in Europe. Furthermore, no attempts have been made so far to establish recognition and accreditation systems for certificates and diplomas of massage professions between the European countries (EU policies such as ECVET or EQF have not yet been applied in this area). It is therefore almost impossible for masseur trainees/learners to compare different education offers in Europe and to decide for the most appropriate one. There is also no guarantee that a certificate/diploma will be recognized anywhere abroad.
At the same time the health and wellness industry is lacking professional masseurs but due to the above described situation VET markets can not satisfy this demand properly. Massage professions are not well organized on transnational level and are lacking strategies, lobbying and instruments to improve their situation.
MaecVET therefore aims at:
• Promoting modern European VET/labour market policies more intensively throughout Europe
• Developing basic documents to allow the transnational comparison of massage education and levels as well as to enable mutual recognition of VET/higher education certificates/diploma
• Developing and promoting a brand new online portal which links various stakeholders and target groups with each other to improve VET/higher education as well as labour market situations in the field of massage professions in Europe
Thereby, mobility of labour in the field of massage professions in Europe can be increased and labour market needs can be met.
The aims of MaecVET project are as follows:
- Description of units of learning outcomes of massage / physiotherapy professions that will allow transnational comparison as well as mutual recognition of VET and higher education certificates and diploma
- Development and promotion of a brand new e-Portal which links various stakeholders and target groups with each other to improve VET and higher education as well as labour market situations in the field of massage / physiotherapy professions across Europe
Marché du travail
Formation tout au long de la vie
Validation, transparence, certification
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Transparence et certification
In the following the main work packages and outcomes provided by MaecVET are described in more detail:
• "State of the Art Report" of VET/higher education programmes for massage professions in Europe: based on national reviews the most relevant education and training programmes and frameworks from the eight partner countries involved (DE, AT, FI, HU, IT, PT, BG and the UK) will be described and reflect the status quo of VET/higher education for massage profession in Europe. The results will be linked to an overview of the current situation with regard to the implementation of EQF, NQF, ECVET and ECTS.
• "Recognition Map for Massage Professions in Europe”: a tool which allows quick access to relevant information and data about VET/higher education programmes for massage professions in Europe, linked to the European concepts of ECTS, ECVET and EQF, will be developed. The recognition map will provide information on the contents, durations, certification, legal frameworks and level of profession of the VET/higher education programmes.
• "MaecVET E-portal": the Recognition Map will be transferred into an internet-based portal which is the core outcome of the MaecVET project. In addition to the Recognition Map the e-portal provides information on EU policies, frameworks and instruments relevant to the project’s topic and allows EU-wide communication and exchange on VET/higher education and job offers for massage professions. The MaecVET E-portal thus allows comparing and recognizing diplomas/certificates (based on ECTS, ECVET and EQF) across Europe. Furthermore, it enables masseur trainees, masseurs, VET/higher education providers and potential employers from all over Europe to better communicate, cooperate and to exchange offers and services based on generally agreed description frameworks.
• "MaecVET Green Paper": a strategy paper that includes recommendations and suggestions to political decision makers and stakeholders how to improve quality standards and the employment situation for massage professions in the long term will be developed
All project steps will be accompanied and controlled by project management, dissemination and quality assurance activities. The following dissemination activities are planned: representation of the project on the project website; production and distribution of flyers, posters, newsletters, and the main products the Recognition Map and the strategy paper; an international conference; publication of articles; appropriate media coverage. The products and materials will be produced in ENG, GER, BUL, FIN, ITA, HUN and POR.
Additionally, the project has an enormous informal dissemination potential through the members of the consortium. The consortium of nine partners in eight countries consists of private VET/higher education providers, SMEs and public institutions in the field of health care and education. The partners are qualified in the fields of VET and higher education with regard to massage professions, development and implementation of e-portals and e-learning, accreditation and recognition of European qualifications on the basis of ECVET and ECTS, educational and labour market policy as well as regional development of the increasing health and wellness industry. As all partners are in close contact with the different target groups the promotion and dissemination of the project outcomes is ensured. Moreover, the consortium is embedded in a comprehensive network of associated partners (VET organisations, universities, associations, employers, SMEs, etc.), who will contribute to the dissemination activities.
These comprehensive dissemination activities and the high quality standard of the e-portal shall ensure the successful implementation and the sustainability of the project. A top-level e-portal (from the technical, practical, content and services point of view) will attract a large number of users from all over Europe and will be maintained after the project ends. As a dynamic tool it allows all other EU countries to add data to the Recognition Map. Thereby, the project outcomes and cooperation among the partners will not only be sustained but expanded to other countries. Successfully implemented MaecVET can set relevant, comparable and sustainable standards regarding the description, accreditation and recognition of massage professions in Europe.