Title TRAIN-KOSOZIAL - training and transfer of competences of Social Informatics on the base of EVAS in professional education of pedagogical employees working in youth and child care services
Project Number DE/12/LLP-LdV/TOI/147 507
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The project "TRAIN-KOSOZIAL" dealed with topics of youth and child care services. Its aim was to provide measures of qualification for pedagogical professions in the sector of Social Informatics in cooperation with its European partner institutions from Bulgaria, Luxembourg, Spain, and Austria. Its focus was the international development of teaching modules for the fields of Documentation, Quality Assurance, and Impact Analysis.
Summary The expectations towards an academization of educational support are connected to an expansion of the aspiration for qualification of pedagogical professionals in the field of social work. In view of this fact, the traditional training at schools of professional and higher education needs to be updated with new curricular contents and professional profiles to match the new demands of this field of work. The main goal of the ongoing development and professionalization of pedagogical jobs should be achieved by adapting curricular contents and profiles regarding Social Informatics in educational institutions to the demands of the field of work. This means that a tool specifically developed for this task (EVAS) has been custom-fit to the specific profiles of demand of the partner countries, and that programs for (further) education of pedagogical professionals will be adapted to the standards of Social Informatics. Therefore, the project’s approach could be described as taking place on three levels: 1) First, new contents were included in the pre-existing curricula for the training of social workers and child/youth care workers to adapt those to the demands of pedagogical professionals for EDP-aided documentation and quality development. 2) New teachers at professional schools as well as 3) professionals for educational support were extra-occupationally qualified in this field of work.
The following goals are specified for the project:
Qualification initiative 1: job training of junior employees at professional schools
1. Development of a curriculum/teaching manual for Social Informatics with a focus on EVAS
2. Implementation of training contents of Social Informatics for the EDP-based documentation, evaluation, and quality assurance into the training of child and youth care workers. The professional school (“Fachschule”) of Saarbrücken will test the realization at its institute and certificate the training module.
3. Evaluation and optimisation
Qualification initiative 2: qualification of teachers at professional schools and institutions for further education
4. Qualification of teachers by the institute for teacher training (“Institut für Lehrerfortbildung”) of Saarbrücken with a focus on EVAS
5. Evaluation of experiences and development of teaching materials as well as a training manual for teacher training
Qualification initiative 3: further training of pedagogical professionals at institutions
6. Development of country-specific training manuals for the field of “impact research and documentation of educational services with a focus on EVAS“ for the academic training in Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria
7. New trainers from institutions for further education from Germany, Austria, Luxembourg, and Bulgaria will be equipped with the newly-gained know-how and knowledge. The training activities will be conducted at the respective local institutions.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Human Health and Social Work Activities
transparency and certification
program or curricula
The following results are expected:
- certification of the curriculum
- module for further training
- module for qualification
- international homepage with documents to download
- final report
- transfer of the products into boards of schools, highschools and political institutions (conference of directors etc.)