Title fit 4 future with green skills
Project Number 2012-1-AT1-LEO05-06974
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Today’s daily life forces everybody towards an environmental sound way of living. Many different aspects of our day-by-day routine are closely connected with challenges of sustainable development, energy efficiency and environmental protection. The most missing link is the awareness about these issues. As the educational system does not integrate any training in our regular school or adult education, a basic training module named “ECOPROFIT Assistant” was developed to address these special topics. It focuses on exactly these 'green skills' on all company levels as well as in school and adult education. This training module, already implemented in Austria with an excellent feedback, is now on the way to other countries in Europe.
The main objective of this project is the transfer of that training module to partner countries (CZ, IT, PL, UK) including the necessary standardization of training and examination, adaption of training materials and a testing in pilot trainings.
By introducing the ECOPROFIT Assistant training course to the European market we intend to raise awareness of ecological and environmental issues that are affecting people’s personal as well as professional environment. Furthermore, participants shall understand why it is so important that we look after our environment and most of all how we can do that. As a result we want them to enhance their competency profile when it comes to career development, applications for an employment and to their lifestyles. The course combines a practical toolkit of interventions to reduce your ecological footprint that can be integrated into private or professional fields. The European goal for a better sustainable environmental development is only possible by increasing the green skills by all people.
The main objectives of this project are:
- to standardize the curriculum (European standard)
- to adapt it according to special needs of the workplace in European countries
- to modify the trainings booklets and materials
- to test it via pilot courses for various target groups (pupils, adults)
- to transfer the train the trainer concept
- to set up certification boards to assure the sustainability of the product
- to share the lessons learned
- to prepare for further dissemination within Europe
In our consortium we have partners from 5 countries (AT, PL, CZ, IT, UK).
- The CPC (AT) has developed the ECOPROFIT ASSISTANT Training and will guide and manage the project.
- bit cz (CZ) and CTC (PL) are progressive companies specialized on educational programs for organizations and companies of all types and sizes.
- TRAINING 2000 (IT) is a VET organization certified in the Marche Region for regional training, with experience in youth and adult education.
- One Planet Ventures (UK) has vast experience in technical environmental training and transfer projects.
The main outcomes of our project are:
- complete set of materials in different languages (training book, trainer's book, workshop materials, e-testing, web information, dissemination-flyer)
- min of 70 trained persons (employees, unemployed, students/pupils) in the pilot training courses
- min of 10 trained trainers (for beginning 2 in each country)
- min 300 training units in pilot testing phase
- min. of 70 e-tests completed
- min of 60 persons successfully passed the e-testing
- 5 National Contact & Certification Points
- a total of 10 Roadshow-Events for dissemination
fit 4 future Steps
Beside the project management and the very productive 4 international project meetings the project fit 4 future with green skills was based on the following five main steps and activities which were carried out jointly by the project partners:
Step 1: EA development
Even before starting the project, it was clear that a re-design of the content and the methodical and didactical approach of the EA training would be necessary. With its content the EA training builds the capacitiy for working on sustainability issues, waste- and energy management and topics related to Cleaner Production. Main topics of the EA training:
- Sustainable economic development
- Awareness-raising for acceptable ecological and feasible economic activities
- Climate protection and Ecological Footprint
- Cleaner Production – preventive, company-specific environmental protection
- Waste management
- Energy management
Step 2: EA transfer
The transfer of the EA training module took place under the following three framework conditions:
1. The transfer took place in the same sector - education.
The involved partners are bit cz, CTC, Training2000, One Planet Ventures and CPC Austria - all of them provide services for pupils, employees and unemployed.
2. Geographically, we transferred the training concept from Austria to 4 European countries (CZ, PL, IT, UK).
3. The transfer was supported by an adaptation of the successful training concept and materials from Austria according the local needs of each region (CZ, PL, IT, UK).
The content of the materials was tailored to the specifics of the environmental issues in each target region and the goals of the European Union: "every job will be green" / “every job needs green skills". The didactics were interpreted and modified by the trained trainers and enriched with the regional experiences. The translation of booklets and training materials from German to all other four project languages was the core activity of the transfer process.
Step 3: EA train the trainer
After step 2 "transfer and adaptation of EA" the next step was to create a structure for multipliers. Trainers in all the partner countries are needed to conduct the EA trainings in schools and training organisations. Therefore a train the trainer seminar on international level was held in Graz (AT) further trainings were planned if necessary on national level.
In this work package the following aims were defined:
- create a curriculum for train the trainer seminars
- create requirements/skills for potential trainer and auditors
- transfer the teaching/training knowledge and methodologies in the train the trainer seminars
- elaborate a training manual (train the trainer booklet)
Step 4: EA pilot trainings
With the well trained trainers pilot trainings for the target groups of the project were conducted. The objectives of this step were defined as:
- to conduct two pilot trainings in each partner country with different target groups (employees, unemployed, students/pupils). These pilot trainings included the training, the online-testing and subsequent the certification.
- evaluation of both trainings and collection of suggestions for improvement.
- to create a working group which summarizes all the suggestions (also in the future) from all countries and incorporating into the ECOPROFIT Assistant methodology and materials as a standard. This task group is very important for the sustainability and further development.
Step 5: NCP
For sustainability in each country national contact points (NCP) were set up. These NCP are the national coordinators, multipliers and contact points for all issues related with the EA training and certification. The role of the contact point can be summarized as:
- information platform for the EA training and certification
- quality control of EA trainings in the country/region (continuous evaluation and adaption)
- to offer train the trainer seminars for multipliers
- ongoing dissemination
Utilization and distribution of results
Open and distance learning
Recognition, transparency, certification
program or curricula
material for open learning
transparency and certification
The following products and results are the main outcomes of our project:
- European Curriculum for the ECOPROFIT Assistant (EA) training (in 5 languages)
- EA training booklet (in 5 languages)
- EA training material – slides (in 5 languages)
- EA training material – practical exercises (in 5 languages)
- EA e-testing (in 5 languages)
- EA certificates (in 5 languages)
- EA train the trainer curriculum (in 5 languages)
- EA train the trainer booklet (in 5 languages)
- National Contact Points (NCP) established
- global and local websites (in 5 languages)(http://fit4future.ecoprofit.com)
- marketing material (in 5 languages)
- roadshows (held in each partner country)
- trained trainers
- trained auditors
- trained persons
- external evaluation report (interim & final)
In most of the cases the quantitative indicators exceeded the envisaged numbers. Especially the numbers of pilot trainings and the numbers of trained persons were much higher than expected. This shows the actuality of the product and the demand for such a training.