Title Refugee Interactive Skills for Employment
Project Number UK/12/LLP-LdV/TOI-584
Product RISE Marketing Leaflet
Title RISE Marketing Leaflet
Product Type others
RISE is an exciting European project that has been developed in response to the high levels of unemployment in our target group of refugees.The in-depth research we have
conducted with end user groups and key stakeholders in the RISE partner countries: the UK, Ireland and Germany; has highlighted a number of skills gaps that are creating barriers to the employment of refugees.
- Language, particularly relating to vocational and written language.
- Cross cultural and professional communication, affecting work applications and interview techniques.
- Understanding the work culture and workplace
protocols of the host country
- Understanding of how to access and use public services
- IT skills & computer know how
- Understanding of rights and responsibilities as an employee
Workshops have been held with groups of refugees from the three partner countries and following a process of co-design with our end users, the RISE project end products will be:
- Four educational computer games, 2 for desktop and 2 for mobile platforms, that will be engaging, relevant and accessible to the target group.
- A curriculum to meet identified skills gaps for the employment of refugees.
- A project website and learning portal.
- A trainers’ handbook.
These resources will help to:
- Reduce gaps in language and computer skills.
- Improve cross-cultural communication skills.
- Increase employability prospects for refugees.
Target group Refugees and Asylum Seekers in the UK, Ireland and Germany
Area of application Marketing the RISE Project