Title Skills Transfer für Eventmanager
Project Number UK/12/LLP-LdV/TOI-537
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Country UK-Vereinigtes Königreich
Marketing Text Der STEM-Kurs, „Skills Training for Event Management“ (Training von Event Management Kompetenzen) ist inhaltlich und didaktisch innovativ. Der Kurs wurde ursprünglich von Gecko Programmes entwickelt in Abstimmung mit der UK Event-Branche und unterstützt von den Fachleuten. Durch EU-Mittel finanziert ist dieses branchenunterstützte Angebot in fünf europäischen Ländern verfügbar: in Italien, Frankreich, Polen und Portugal.
Art, Music, Dance, Drama, Exhibitions, Conferences, Festivals – these are all part of a massive Events Industry which has a huge financial impact on the European economy. The great challenge is to recognize and understand the needs of the industry in each country, identify the universal themes across Europe and then train cultural event managers for the future.
STEM began by identifying the needs of the sector by asking culture and arts events professionals what they wanted from their existing staff, their newest employees and event managers of the future. From this came a concept called “Principles of Cultural Event Management.”
Those principles formed the basis of a course which recognises real sector needs, is based on original research, is relevant to nations across Europe, and trains the cultural event managers of the future.
The project focused on the learning materials developed and used in the UK to achieve the Event Manager qualification standards. These materials have been developed by Gecko Programmes, and then enhanced, adapted, and transfered to Italy, Portugal, France, and Poland, so that vocational learners could be supported to achieve a standard of competence that was initially developed in the UK and could become relevant for Event Managers who are mobile across European borders and beyond. A training programme came to be successfully delivered in Italy, Poland, France and Portugal.
The transfer of innovation was realized through the following steps:
- Adaptation of the innovation to local contexts and needs
- Translation of the innovation into Italian, French, Polish and Portuguese
- Pilot run - the EDI Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Event Management was tested within the project partners. The aim of this phase was to test the materials and to identify needed changes to ensure local-context adaptation and “Europeanization” of the innovation for future wider EU transfer.
- Monitoring activities and an improvement plan
- Final versions - the EDI Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Event Management was enhanced and become applicable in the context of the involved countries. It was a starting point toward the definition of National Qualification Standards (except UK).
To develop enterprising people so that they can operate as cultural event managers, we have:
- Sought the views of the events industry
- Together, designed a new course that delivers the knowledge and skills needed
- Delivered the course in the UK, Portugal, Poland, France and Italy.
The project had a relevant impact on:
- Learners; we measured that learners in each of the delivery nations became more than 90% engaged with cultural events since the completion of the training course; in the UK this figure is 100%, proving that the course facilitates the advent of economic activity in this sector.
The Pilot reached a major objective of providing the learners with a skill related preparation, giving them the possibility of entering the Event Industry.
- Teachers/trainers in Event Management shared EDI Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Event Management methodology and content, thereby upgraded and updated their teacher/trainer competences
- VET provider organizations; improved the quality of their training offer, providing an innovative training path and methodology for Event Management training courses
- Event Management SMEs; received a training path for their personnel and gained an innovative and effective methodology for training
- Event Management professionals; experienced an internal training path to update and systemize their informal and non formal background and competences
- The public bodies in charge of the definition, recognition and certification of competences/professional profiles: gained a strong contribution to their work on informal and non formal competences of the Event Manager from a learning outcomes point of view.
We established a project management routine that was divided by each WP with allocated resources - staffing, travel and sub-contracted. Each WP was broken down into tasks and a Task Plan was produced and further updated.
WP 1: Management
WP 2: Context Analysis
WP 3: Adaptation and translation
WP 4: Pilot Run
WP 5: Pilot Monitoring
WP 6: Methodology Final Version
WP 7: Dissemination and exploitation
WP 8: Quality Assurance
Anerkennung, Transparenz, Zertifizierung
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Erziehung und Unterricht
Kunst, Unterhaltung und Erholung
Transparenz und Zertifizierung
The main product of the STEM project is the EDI Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Event Management designed in the UK by Gecko Programmes Ltd with reference to the UK National Qualification Standard for Event Management. The EDI Level 3 Certificate in the Principles of Event Management is both a Methodology and a Training Path. This project developed, adapted and translated a UK designed training programme into a training programme that came to be successfully delivered in Italy, Poland, France and Portugal.
Developing the final materials followed a process of adaptation and translation, a pilot delivery, monitoring and then the improvement required for the final version.
- Professionally-led, developed across Europe, with concrete
links to VET
- Modular approach, covering research, event planning, health & safety, set-up & breakdown, evaluation & reporting, and more
- Seeks to help learners understand the complex set of working relationships in the events industry
- Encourages mobility, develops cultural networks between delivery partners and creates new skills for new jobs
The focus of the training is to;
- Develop individuals with a real knowledge of the sector, the cultural conventions of their region and the European perspective
- Ensure competence in all levels of event management
- Ultimately, to train those individuals to become the next generation of professionals in the field of event management.