Title Foundations for Work
Project Number UK/12/LLP-LdV/TOI-533
Product Interim External Evaluation Report
Title Interim External Evaluation Report
Product Type evaluation methods
Marketing Text The Interim External Evaluation Report reviews the effectiveness of all project activities and the ability of the project to meet quantitative and qualitative objectives, as well as review project processes such as management and partnership working.
Description This result will ensure the high quality of the new training resource by carrying out an external evaluation. The evaluation report will draw conclusions on the design, implementation and degree of success of the project in light of objectives and indicators; inform in relation to the results and the actual and potential impact of project. It will also importantly stimulate support for mainstreaming of the project and potentially expanded transfer.
Target group Active adult education teacher, adult education provider, adult education providers associations, adult education teacher, adult learners, adult learners associations, apprentices, centre for vocational guidance and counselling, body providing guidance and information on life long learning, employers, enterprise large (>500 employees), non profit non governmental organisation, local communication associations, unemployed, VET providers associations, vocational or technical secondary school, vocational training centre or organisation, vocational training institute tertiary level, associations working in the field of life long learning, teachers, trainers and other staff involved in any aspect of life long learning, counselling, foundation, other type of not for profit body, other type of public organisation, other types of association, public authority (local), public authority (regional), public authority (national), social partners, chambers of commerce, people in the labour market, non profit organisations, voluntary bodies, non governmental organisations, public research centres, SME, university or higher education institution, publisher , other.
The interim report brought forward the following findings: The results show that the project team has taken steps to ensure appropriate alignment between the goals and the needs of the beneficiaries and has modified the design in line with findings from the TNA report. It shows that the project is operating well and all partners are engaged and making progress with the various work packages.
Some key recommendations were:
1. As the project moves into the next phase, the dissemination plan which has already been formulated should be reviewed in order to take account of any changes to the timelines.
2. The project team should continue to explore possibilities for accreditation so that, as the course materials are being developed, they can be presented in a way which would make the accreditation process more easily undertaken. While other partners outside the UK have already reported that accreditation possibilities in their countries are unlikely due to the nature of non-formal education programmes, it may be still possible for providers of formal programmes to at least incorporate the use of the FfW materials in their existing accredited programmes.
3. While the localisation and translation of materials increases the costs associated with the project, such measures will help ensure optimum exploitation of the project results. Co-ordinated planning will help avoid or minimise such costs in certain cases. For example, a decision was taken in Belfast that video footage of migrants could be filmed in one location in December 2013. If this was considered appropriate for the various cultural contexts found in each of the countries, this would obviate the need to carry out additional filming in other countries. Or, some footage could be undertaken in various contexts in each of the countries involved and an identical video montage presented in all versions at the end.
7. Engaging with stakeholders involved in the delivery of education and training to young migrant workers is a very valuable activity at this stage of the project and some work has already been carried out as reported in the monitoring reports.
8. Access to downloadable materials via the website should be provided. Consideration should also be given to providing the interactive and visual material online, i.e., with the kind of production intended for the DVD.
Area of application The Interim External Evaluation Report provides both a validation and review of the projects first year and areas for the partnership to focus on leading into year two. Some recommendations have already been actioned others are to be discussed in time.
Product Languages English