Title Mobilisierung Chancen in der beruflichen Bildung durch innovative Technologien
Project Number UK/12/LLP-LdV/TOI-520
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Country UK-Vereinigtes Königreich
Marketing Text Bei der Anwendung neuer Technologie wird MOVE IT die Entwicklung von Arbeitsplatzlernen mit interaktiven Ausbildungsmaterialen und ein virtuelles Netzwerk für Studenten unterstützen. Folglich werden Studenten die Möglichkeit Ihre Ideen und Erfahrungen miteinander zu teilen.
This project adapted an innovative work based delivery model, developed interactive learning packages and a VLE with integrated social networking.
The interactive learning packages were tested with learners by the project partners in the UK, Holland, Finland and Romania. Expertise in e-learning technology solutions and development of the VLE was provided by the Spanish project partner. Trainers were trained in the delivery model, application of technology and monitoring learner performance and assessment before the testing.
Guidelines were produced for the delivery and management of the work based delivery model and MOVE IT VLE. The MOVE IT VLE integrated the ELGG social network platform to improve communication with learners and between learners.
The project resulted in a cost effective work based delivery model that will benefit learners and employers in partners organisations. The guidelines are available for training additional trainers and the template for e-learning materials can be used to develop further learning materials for any sector.
This results and products of the MOVE IT project are available on the project website http://www.moveit-project.eu/
The project partners have worked collaboratively and effectively to deliver the entire MOVE IT project original aims and objectives. The MOVE IT virtual learning environment incorporating Moodle plus ELGG to deliver a social networking capability went beyond the original brief of developing a mechanism to enable learners to communicate with other learners in the workplace. This was developed as a solution to meet needs identified in the Work Based Delivery gap analysis. It is the first time ELGG social networking has been integrated into Moodle and will be made available as an Open Source Plugin.
The aim of the project was to adapt and transfer an innovative, effective work based delivery methodology incorporating e-learning and mobile technology for learning in the workplace.
The objectives were to:
• To explore the suitability of and refine a blended learning methodology for work based learning that can be implemented in partner countries. This was achieved by producing a blue print of Myerscough’s Work Based Delivery model, comparing it with the partners’ models to produce a gap analysis report which identified where the model could be adapted.
• Identify e-learning technologies that can be used to enhance text based materials and include interactivity - CESGA demonstrated various e- learning technologies and produced a document describing each package which acted like a “tool shop”.
• Create a template for the production of interactive learning packages - A learning package template was developed and produced based on the learning outcomes, how they will be delivered and assessed, what tool / media will be used etc.
• Develop 8 contextualised learning packages with high levels of interactivity - 4 partners each developed two interactive learning packages using different methods and tools depending on their level of skill and target audience.
• Identify a solution for communication with learners and between learners to create a virtual learner network and improved mechanism for supporting learners in the workplace - social networking platform ELGG which was incorporated into the MOVE IT Moodle VLE developed for the project.
• Train trainers in the method of delivery and the application of new technologies in delivery (8 trainers from 4 countries) -19 trainers were trained in either developing learning package and / or delivering learning during the pilot phase.
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Land- und Forstwirtschaft, Fischerei
Unterlagen für offenen Unterricht
1. Work Based Learning Methodology Needs Analysis Report. This document identifies the core element and methodologies of the Myerscough Work Based Delivery Model to be adapted and transferred in the project.
2.Management Guidelines – These guidelines support the implementation of the Work Based Learning model in partner organisations
3. Implementation Plan – each partner used the management guidelines to develop implementation plans for their own organisations.
4.Interactive Learning Packages - Contextualized e-learning packages designed to meet needs of target users to achieve learning objectives. A Learning Package template was produced to help plan the learning packages based on the learning outcomes of the qualification. Learning technologies that could be used to produce the packages were identified by CESGA. Partners chose the most appropriate technologies to produce interactive learning packages. A Moodle VLE platform was developed by CESGA so that the learning packages could be used and tested by the Romanian and Finnish partners. The Moodle platform enabled courses to be created and assessment and grading of learners' work.
Different technologies were used to produce the packages depending on the target audience and level of expertise of the partners.
5.Framework for a Virtual Learner Network - The Social Networking Platform, ELGG, was integrated into a Moodle VLE platform. This gave the facility to enhance the learning process by providing support and communication between tutors and learners, peer support and exchange of ideas and experiences between learners. CESGA created a Moodle Platform for the MOVE IT project that would enable partners to create courses, assess and grade students work and include social networking tools.
6. Trainer Guidelines – Guidelines for trainers consist of manuals and Screencasts available on the MOVE IT VLE; Teacher - Manager Manual, Screencasts; How to use and manage courses, How to create a Rubric and integrate it into the e portfolio, How to create a quiz, How to use the social features of ELGG.
7. Report on Piloting Phase - The report refers to the period December 2013 to July 2014. It provides an analysis of the piloting of the interactive learning packages, the MOVE IT VLE and integrated ELGG social network activities. The learner feedback from the pre and post pilot questionnaires provides quantitative evidence of impact and this has been enhanced with qualitative feedback from the project managers during the Skype and face-to-face interviews.
Post pilot feedback from the 56 participating learners showed that:
• 79% agreed that the blended learning package had improved their learning and understanding of the subject;
• 55% agreed that it had helped in communicating with other learners;
8.Project Evaluation Report - an external evaluation of the whole project. An assessment of how well the project partners have delivered on the aims and objectives of the MOVE IT project. he evaluator concluded that overall the project partners have worked collaboratively and effectively to deliver the entire MOVE IT project original aims and objectives. For some the process has been of greater benefit than for others but the outcome has seen the successful transfer of an innovative work based delivery model that has in some cases revolutionised future work based learning delivery supported by a Moodle VLE with integrated social networking (MOVE IT ‘super moodle’). The MOVE IT virtual learning environment incorporating Moodle plus ELGG to deliver a social networking capability went above and beyond the original brief of developing a mechanism to enable learners to communicate with other learners in the workplace.