Title Competences Framework for European Project Manager
Project Number 2011-1-PL1-LEO05-19892
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text ComPM recognizes the need to enhance efficiency in EU funds management by improving the quality of education of managers of EU projects and upgrading their key competences.
Summary Recognition of needs of target groups was based on long lasting and deeply rooted into practice experience of the project partners and their network of cooperation. EC puts great impact on better efficiency in EU funds management and creation of homogenous structure for the majority of projects. It underlines the necessity of improving the level of professionalism in project management. The comPM project was based on the results of the ASTRA project and EPMT project implemented under the LdV. The comPM project was focused on adaptation, adjustment and implementation of the competence assessment tool developed in the ASTRA project and pedagogical materials used in trainings of EU project managers developed in the EPMT project. Direct link between managerial competence assessment and a training plan tailored up to the needs of the tested individual were the main innovative asset of the ASTRA project that has been transferred. The elaborated competence assessment tool enables to recognize and measure key managerial competences of project managers. The results of training need assessment allow to define and implement training plan. The application of innovative comPM tool helps project managers to have better view on their competences in relation to EU project management. Training plans help them to make right choices on training vital for their successful performance on the market. The project products support trainers in EU project management and provide them with new tools/materials. It should result in improvement of EU fund management. The application of the project products leads to more effective EU funded projects, progress and compliance with EU standards. The project partnership consisted of 5 organizations coming from 5 EU countries.
The project partners defined the competence profile of EU project manager distingushing the competencies typical for managers of soft, investment, research and international projects. It was the basis to develop the project products by execution of the following tasks:
- Formulation of the training curriculum for project managers based on competencies and unification of educational standards in all countries participating in the ComPM project;
- Adaptation of the ICT tool to measure the competencies of EU project managers to partner’s national realities;
- Testing of the ComPM tool to define individual needs of project managers;
- Development of the training materials adapted to the elaborated training curriculumm and the competence profile;
- Testing of the developed training materials in all participating countries and their modification.
The ComPM project was targeted at:
- European project managers;
- Potential project managers;
- Trainers and training organizations
Recognition, transparency, certification
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Transportation and Storage
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
program or curricula
The main products deriving from the activities performed by the ComPM partners are:
- A Competence Profile of EU project managers to illustrate the required skills,
- ComPM Assessment tool to recognize and measure key managerial competencies of EU project managers,
- Training Programme for managers of EU funded projects based on an experiential learning approach,
- Training Materials for trainer and trainee adapted to the training curriculum and the competenc eprofile,
- Training model 80:20,
- Promotional materials.