Title Strategic Management Games – innovative teaching method for business education
Project Number 2011-1-PL1-LEO05-19884
Product P3 Teaching notes for VSMG (initial and revised)
Title P3 Teaching notes for VSMG (initial and revised)
Product Type teaching material
Teaching notes are the manuals for trainers how to use a given case and a given scenario during the business training.
For each case and scenario built on this case, the teaching note is prepared to help trainers to use VSMG in their training practice.
Teaching notes are prepared to each case and scenario.
Teaching notes consist of following parts:
- short description of the game
- level of education at which the scenario can be used, including the target audience and the trainees' prior experience,
- type of course, including: the principal subject areas of the game scenario, teaching and learning objectives, level of game difficulty
- teaching plan, including: number of trainees in one team, number of teams in one game, number of decision rounds, time for decision making for one decision round, rules of collaboration within each team, rules of collaboration between team and trainer, rules of making decisions
- gaming, including: decision suggestions for each round (decisions required for proper market functioning), applied optimization parameters description
- assessment of trainees’ activity, including: possible trainees evaluation criteria, possible trainees evaluation rules.
Target group business trainers
Result teaching notes for business trainers which indicate how to use the virtual strategic management games in managerial education
Area of application The product is to support business trainers in using virtual strategic management games