Title European Competencies Evaluation Training Integrated Scheme (ECETIS)
Project Number 2011-FR1-LEO05-24457
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Evaluation of competencies are now required at all professional levels and it is now needed to harmonize the training schemes for this topic.
The aim of ECETIS was to demonstrate that skills assessment has a cross-disciplinary dimension and to develop training content that meets all the skills requirements identified in the target sectors (healthcare and social care). This objective has been achieved.
ECETIS has adapted, tested and transfered a Spanish scheme for training skills assessors in the health care and social care sectors, created by UNED (Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia), Madrid on e-learning mode.
ECETIS has enabled to develop a training course that can meet all the evaluation skills required in the targeted sectors (health care and social care).
ECETIS aim was not only to provide qualitative evaluation practices in the workplace (regular, continuous monitoring and method) but also to facilitate the harmonization of the required skills assessment procedures.
The project has been closed in September 2013.
Based on the specific contexts and practices of the countries in the consortium, the ECETIS project team has adapted, tested and validated the conditions for transferring the content of the Spanish course, focusing specifically on its fitness for purpose. The consortium has demonstrated that skills assessment has a cross-disciplinary dimension and to develop training content that meets all the skills requirements identified in the target sectors (healthcare and social care).
The main activities of the project have been as follows :
- Analysis of needs and state of the art in each partner country
- pedagogical engineering leading to the development of a European repertoire of skills required for a professional assessor and to the detailed program of training
- Test implementation of training, validation and eventual adjustment on the basis of a common evaluation
- Impact study plan leading to Valorization and dissemination of the product to users and decision makers
In the long term, the expected impact is to develop a standard European training path adapted to any situation of competencies evaluation and to contribute to an actual European culture of assessment.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Human Health and Social Work Activities
transparency and certification
The following products have been created :
- Definition of a common repertory of competencies for evaluators aiming to be relevant at European scope.
- Development of a training program for evaluators, based on the common repertory of competencies.
- A best practices compendium based on the testing phase analysis.
- Creation of a complete valorization process to ensure recognition of project outcomes and a communication toolkit to promote the project and its results.