Title RESPECT - For more Responsible Purchasing Practices
Project Number 2011-1-CH1-LEO05-00044
Product Training of trainers and test seminars
Title Training of trainers and test seminars
Product Type others
The RESPECT test seminars primarily focused on the suppliers target group as per the needs identified.
The first test seminar took place in Kardjali, Bulgaria, on April 4th and 5th 2013. The day before, the training of trainers took place under the leadership of an external expert in CSR training. Two trainers from Bulgaria were trained and two trainers from Turkey. The external training expert also attended the first test seminar as an observer in order to provide live feedback and continue improving the skills of the trainers.
In Kardjali, 8 suppliers from the garment industry attended the test seminar (representatives of the top management and purchasing staff). The objectives of this pilot training were mainly to:
• Provide professionals from suppliers’ factories with appropriate tools for improving their position in the supplier-buyer relationship, including tools for improving communication with other stakeholders like consumers;
• Test and improve the training content.
All the participants were highly motivated to participate in the training. All registered participants attended the first day of training. On the second, 3 participants were missing, not because of lack of interest, motivation or understanding but because of lack of time. It is extremely difficult to have top managers of factories stepping out of work for two full days. The attendance rate was therefore a real success.
The second test seminar took place in Istanbul, Turkey, on April 25th and 26th 2013. Prior to the second pilot training, the RESPECT team (especially CSR Turkey and FLA) worked on revising the training content and methodology according to the external training expert feedback. Some exercises were simplified and some others skipped. In Istanbul, 10 factory representatives attended the training (just one was missing on the second day due to their busy schedule).
Finally, the workshop with buyers was organized on September 11th 2013 in Istanbul, where most of international brands have regional offices. The main objectives of the workshop was to:
• Present the results of RESPECT Project to the buyer target group;
• Validate the usefulness of the approach and tools;
• Share good purchasing practices;
• Develop ideas about how to further improve collaboration with suppliers;
• Discuss next steps and buyers’ needs to further improve the practices.
Target group trainers, suppliers, buyers, project partners
Area of application