Title DEMETRAE - GenDer GuidancE to enhance and support woMEn choices in the AgriculTuRAl fiEld: pathways and tools for Education and Vocational systems
Project Number 2011-1-IT1-LEO05-01949
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The DEMETRAE project is aimed to integrate the European dimension of vocational guidance activities in the agro-environmental sector as a tool to promote and strengthen the participation of women in training and working pathway in agriculture.
Thus the general objectives of DEMETRAE are: overcoming barriers, for girls, in agricultural Vocational Education and Training, and, in general, in studies and training related to the agricultural sector; overcoming the horizontal segregation of women in the agricultural labour market; overcoming women’s underrepresentation in
decision-making bodies and in top-responsibility positions in the agricultural sector.
This proposal starts from the Best Practice developed in Italy in the previous project "A.G.R.O.N.O.M.A. Analisi Generale Risorse
Orientamento Nazionale Obiettivo Management Agricolo" finanziato dalla Legge 10 Aprile 1991 n. 124 Positive Actions for the
Implementation of Gender Opportunities in the job. Through the involvement of transnational partners, the project's main
objective is to add a European dimension to guidance activities in the agricultural and environmental sector which will serve
as a tool for promoting and advancing women’s presence in the agricultural education and labour market. Starting from the
analysis undertaken in the original BP, which showed, on one hand, that boys and girls were not sufficiently aware of the
new professional figures and career opportunities that were available in the renewable energy sector and in agriculture,
especially thanks to the introduction of new technology, and, on the other hand, that entrepreneurs needed professionals
who had knowledge and experience in these sectors, the project aims to adapt, disseminate and transfer contents, tools
and methodologies developed in previous project AGRONOMA, through the creation of training modules aimed
- To improve the skills of teachers, trainers, guidance workers engaged in guidance activities with boys and girls that
choose agro-environmental vocational schools
- To spread the attention and appreciation of gender guidance for students, boys and girls that study in particular fields of
Therefore the project identifies: Direct beneficiaries composed by VET teachers, trainers and tutors target of the training
courses aimed to the acquisition of specific competences to promote for boys and girls entry in school pathways or works in
the agricultural sector; Indirect beneficiaries, composed by students and individuals who are entering or re-entering the
labour market, that will be the target of information and sensibilization tools about the opportunities and the professional
skills related to the agronomy sector.
The main objective of the project proposal is to adapt and transfer the Best Practice developed in Italy in the previous A.G.R.O.N.O.M.A. project, adapting and spreading its contents, its tools and its methodology in Italy in Regions and areas other than those covered by the The main objective of the project proposal is to adapt and transfer the good practice developed in Italy in the previous project agronomist , adapting and spreading its contents, its tools and its methodology in Italy in domestic areas other than those covered by the original Best Practice and in the EU partner Countries as new areas selected for the transfer of innovation.
In particular, through the involvement of transnational partners, the project aims to integrate the European dimension in vocational guidance activities that affect the agri-environmental sector as a tool for promoting and strengthening the participation of women in training and labour market in agriculture.
original and in the EU countries as new areas selected for transfer.
In particular, through the involvement of transnational partners , the project aims to integrate the European dimension in guidance activities that affect the agri-environment as a tool for promoting and strengthening the participation of women in training and working in agriculture.
Therefore the DEMETRAE Project aimed to raise awareness of teachers and young people in the themes of vocational guidance, differences between male and female, equal opportunities and career choices within the educational system, the vocational training system and labour market in the agro-environmental sector.
In particular, the DEMETRAE project was aimed at:
- Overcoming barriers preventing girls from agricultural studies and training
- Overcoming the horizontal segregation of women in the agricultural labour market
- Overcoming women’s under-representation in decision-making bodies and in top-responsibility positions in the agricultural sector.
The project has been developed according to the following steps:
- Analysis of the economic and productive features of the agri-environmental sector in the territories of the partner Countries
- Analysis of the implementation modalities of the vocational guidance actions acrried out in the education, training and employment systems of the partner Countries
- Analysis of the needs of direct and indirect beneficiaries (teachers/trainers/guidance operators and students in agri-environmental sector)
- Matching between the needs identified , the reference contexts and the characteristics of the Best Practice selected
- Adaptation of the Best Practice selected
- Geographic , linguistic, technological transfer of the Best Practice
- Testing of the adapted Best Practice (workshops for teachers, trainers and vocational guidance counselors - experimental laboratories with participants in vocational education and training and / or individuals entering or re- entering the labour market)
- Embedding the adapted Best Practice into VET Systems or VET supply of the partners
Access for disadvantaged
Agriculture, Forestry and Fishing
Other Service Activities
Water Supply; Sewerage, Waste Management and Remediation Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
material for open learning
procedure for the analysis and prognosis of the vocational training requirement
The project has involved all the partnership in adaptation, redefinition, transfer and integration into VET systems of the
contents of BP. The project has achieved the geographic, content, methodological, linguistic and technological adaptation of the Best Practice.
Special attention has been paid to create web tools to ensure the best transfer and dissemination of outputs and project results, the best availability and flexibility of training pathways, the opening of communication and information space for target groups of
the transfer action.
The main products achieved under the DEMETRAE project were:
- Report of analysis of the context and target group needs
- Analysis Report of the Best Practice
- CD-ROM that contains the supporting documents and operational tools to carry out vocational
guidance pathways according to a gender perspective for the agri-environmental sector (Best Practice adapted)
- Project Web Site
- Thematic Newsletter issues