Title Strengthening the linguistic skills of students, graduates from construction schools and construction workers through creating computer application enabling self-learning technical English language.
Project Number 2011-1-PL1-LEO05-19889
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The main aim of the Build Your English project is to enable young people and construction workers to gain more technical English language skills.
Summary Globalisation has highlighted the importance of communication between key actors in the construction sector. This is even more pronounced with the emergence of the European open labour market and the fact that many construction companies in Europe operate in foreign countries. This proposal calls for improving the communication skills of actors in the construction process, especially among young people starting their vocational career. Enhancing the linguistic skills of students, graduates from construction schools and construction workers will enable them to increase their vocational qualifications and smooth day to day operations.
The aim of this project is to develop self-learning tool for construction workers concerning technical English language.
Main objectives is:
- to create computer application/software enabling users self-learning of technical English language,
- to create a suitable training methodology to support the use of the software, including pictures, voices, animations, and 3D graphics,
- to enhance technical English language skills for communication on building sites and day to day operations,
- to enhance Health and Safety performance through improved communication between construction personnel,
- to enhance the mobility of labour force in European Union.
Frequency of BYE application downloading will confirm that product is well received and is being used by users.
Product information Computer application/software on CDROM/pendrives/server www.buildyourenglish.eu in five languages: English, Polish, Hungarian, Estonian, Slovenian.