Title Vocational Qualification Transfer System in Public Health
Project Number 2009-1-BG1-LEO 05 -01607
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
The project VQTS-PH creates an innovative systemic procedure for transfer and recognition of competences acquired within the official VET system and those achieved through non-formal/informal learning at sectoral National/EU level. It is grounded on the outcomes of VQTS project A/03/B/F/PP-158.034, which has received Helsinki Award 2006 and LL award 2007 in Gold for its contribution to Copenhagen process.
VQTS-PH mission is to strengthen the EU workspace by improving transparency of qualifications and certificates, obtained in the EU states. The proposed model, based on EQF/ECVET, is foreseen for target trainees with BSc/MSc degrees and offered on a multilanguage e-platform. It fits the multidisciplinary character of modern Public Health, offering a tool for transparency and recognition of competences acquired by trainees with both medical and non-medical background. Thus, it contributes to building the new capacity of Public Health at academic/service level of education/training
The project “Vocational Qualification Transfer System in Public Health – VQTS-PH” contributes to the improvements in quality and innovation in VET systems, institutions and practices. The rationale behind the project is rooted in the existing problem for lack of transparency of qualifications and appropriate measures for its assurance at National/International level. Tackling the increased complexity of modern education, training and learning systems the project contributes to the promotion of the European Workspace concept through transparency of certificates, diplomas and qualifications; transferability of competences; accreditation and recognition.
The main aim of the project is to transfer a relevant and innovative systemic procedure for assurance of international shift of vocational qualifications based on EQF principles and to create a broad multilingual e-platform for EU target audience.
The VQTS-PH consortium, unified by the main project goal, is organized on the basis of different background of the partners. It includes 5 participants from 3 countries – AT, BG, TR and is composed by a University, a NGO, a Research Institute, a SME and a Consulting body. The process of “transfer of innovation” is facilitated by the associated members of the consortium - representatives of decision makers, VET professionals, and social partners.
VQTS-PH project development resulted in the following outcomes:
- Work out of general frame of documents certifying completed training and acquired competences in Public Health;
- Establishment, development and maintenance of project e-portal: a multilanguage e-platform presenting project development and achievements;
- Building up of Competence Matrix for structured description of the work-related competences in Public Health key areas and using it for generation and assembly of Institutional/Individual Competence Profiles of professionals from those key areas;
- Issue of VQTS-PH mobility chart–a document depicting the preliminary, implementation and final phases of VQTS-PH mobility procedure;
- Performance of VQTS-PH valorisation events: approbation sessions and workshops.
The project impact envisaged contributes to EU VET system through enhancement of the quality of continuing education; introduction of a system for validation of qualifications awarded by non-formal/informal educational settings; improvement the qualifications transparency and recognition in LL context.
The VQTS-PH develops a model focused on competences related to a work process, identifying the core work activities within the context of a particular occupational field. It follows as well a development of logical differentiation of a competence profile and in this way describes the acquisition of competences. The project uses the valorisation process for optimization/utilization of the knowledge adopted, thus promoting further transparency of qualifications at EU level.
The project aims are focused on ‘transfer of innovation’ process and reached through 6 phases, performed by the project consortium. These aims comprise:
• Transfer of relevant and innovative systemic procedure for assurance of international shift of vocational qualifications based on VQTS project outcomes: methods and procedures for development of VQTS-PH model Competence Matrix;
• Provision of flexible and transferable system for qualifications description based on EQF principles: building up of Organizational/Individual Competence Profiles;
• Creation of broad multilanguage e-platform for the EU target audience;
• Approbation of the application of VQTS-PH model and implementation in mobility;
• Establishment of a partnership with sectoral organizations for embedding the model at National/European level;
• Exploitation and dissemination of VQTS-PH model.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
transparency and certification
description of new occupation profiles
The main project products are obtained through the joint efforts, experience and expert work of all partners. They are elaborated in accordance with project management system, valorisation and QM plan and under the supervision of project governing body – VET-Consortium. They are as follows:
- VQTS-PH Competence Acquisition Dossier
- VQTS-PH e-portal
- VQTS-PH Competence Matrix
- VQTS-PH Institutional/Individual Profiles
- VQTS-PH model approbation and certification
- VQTS-PH exploitation and dissemination