Title Vocational Qualification Transfer System in Public Health
Project Number 2009-1-BG1-LEO 05 -01607
Product VQTS-PH Competence Acquisition Dossier
Title VQTS-PH Competence Acquisition Dossier
Product Type others
Marketing Text The product comprises recommendations for arrangement and keeping of documentation set to certify adopted knowledge/skills and wider competence and acquired competence in defined sector of economic activity (public health).
The product comprises a general frame for compilation of documents certifying completed training and acquired competences in Public Health. The dossier frame is set up following the established by the PPDs and PMG common criteria and procedures, and standard quality indicators. The dossier includes the following main elements:
- Principles of creation and building-up of VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier:
- Public Health concept
- Multidisciplinary trends for European Public Health in 21st century
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier – ‘W’ questions
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier: the ‘Basic & Specific Competence’ elements
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier map
- Survey on Public Health competence development status at national level
Target group trainees & apprentices (medical practitioners, sociologists, economists, lawyers, psychologists, those with a degree in science, etc.), VET professionals, managers, employers, decision makers
- Principles of creation and building-up of VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier: describes the terms competence (general and specific) and competence area, tracks the process of developing competences, emphasizes on the work context in competences description;
- Competence Profiles: defines the Institutional and Individual Competence Profiles; the principles of their building, and the issue of Competence Profile Certificate;
- Public health concept: presents the goals, objectives, and historical background of contemporary public health as well as public health educational institutions and training opportunities;
- Multidisciplinary trends for European Public Health in 21st century: outlines the flexible list of Competences for Public Health
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier – ‘W’ questions: offers answers to the key questions regarding the assembly of the dossier;
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier: the ‘Basic & Specific Competence’ elements:” presents the competence basic elements and the key issues, on which the VQTS-PH key areas Specific Competences are concentrated;
- VQTS-PH Qualification Dossier map: lists the main pieces of information and documents that comprise the dossier.
The product includes as well a survey on Public Health competence development status at national level in all partners’ countries. Standardized questionnaires, assigned to medical and nonmedical specialists working in Public Health, with the main fields “satisfaction on pre-graduate formation”, “career development”, “cooperation and work resources” and “organization of public health continuous education” were elaborated by project partners. Using this tool information was collected through individual interviews and expert meetings of professionals, teachers/trainers and trainees in the field. The information was processed and analyzed, and conclusions were drawn to help featuring the status of PH system at country level
Area of application
Educational Field: Public Health
Educational Level: Tertiary education; PhD/Doctorate
Economic sector: Human health activities; Higher education; Educational support activities; Other professional, scientific and technical activities; Activities of extraterritorial organizations and bodies; Information service activities; Administrative and support service activities.
The product can be applied as a reference frame for tracking trainees’ professional progress; demonstrating trainees’ achievements to potential employers; outlining paths for future carrier development; offering information to competent authorities responsible for Public health education.