Title On-Line Learning Modules For Waste treatment, Waste disposal and Waste recycling
Project Number 2011-1-SK1-LEO05-02882
Product Creation of Centre for Consulting of project WASTRE
Title Creation of Centre for Consulting of project WASTRE
The Centre contributed to the achievement of project objectives by bringing together the best experience of all partners in innovative approaches, professionalism, ethical attitudes, entrepreneurial orientation,and fostering quality, openness, intercultural co-operation and international expertise.
The Centre will make use of the outcomes of the WASTRE project, including syllabuses, curricula and study materials, and on-line courses in electronic, e-learning form in Slovak, Czech, English, German and Turkish,and the international networks established for the exchange of information.
In order to ensure the continuance of the outcomes of the WASTRE project after the end of project financing from the funds of the Leonardo da Vinci programme, the partner organisations decided to create a Centre for Consultation in the field of the preservation of natural resources and the environment. The centre supported the implementation of advanced technologies of waste treatment, disposal, and recycling through the creation of an on-line system of distance learning. The aim was to enhance the knowledge, skills and competencies of employees in various branches of industry, agriculture, and public authorities, SME managers, VET students, and the unemployed and discriminated people in order to enhance their opportunities in the labour market in the field of the most progressive technologies of waste treatment, disposal and recycling. The centre used the methodologies developed within WASTRE project.
The aims of the WASTRE centre were:
• to establish a network of professionals and companies active in waste management and waste treatment
• to participate in the organisation of the TOP International conference
• to raise waste awareness and remove barriers to waste minimisation, re-use and recycling by efficient communication and stakeholder engagement
• to coordinate the research and implementation of the most advanced waste treatment technologies and equipment designed, constructed and operated to the highest international standards
• to minimise the final disposal of waste to landfill by using the waste hierarchy and innovative practices and technologies
• to work with the EU partner countries and regions to establish sustainable procurement programmes
• to act as the acknowledged resource centre of excellence for training and education in the field of waste treatment technologies, equipment, plant and lines
• to work with businesses to establish producer responsibility systems for the control and minimisation of packaging waste
• to facilitate trade in, and re-use of, all types of recoverable waste
• to cooperate with the automobile sector and Recycling Fund to establish world class recovery systems for scrapped cars
• to work with the construction and industry sectors to establish specifications for waste treatment technologies, equipment, plant and lines.
Target group Professionals in various branches of industry, agriculture and public authorities, SME managers, VET students and the unemployed, with the aim of improving their opportunities in the labour market.
Result Co-operation processes and methodologies.
Area of application
Product Languages English