Title Women Integration in Business Creation
Project Number 2010-1-TR1-LEO05-16735
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Entrepreneurship is a key element of growth and development prospects for all countries, and it is most relevant to transition countries. Countries which create good conditions for micro and small enterprises development have higher growth rates and better development prospects. Despite individual successful women, women's entrepreneurial potential remains largely untapped.
Women’s entrepreneurship is both about women’s position in society and about entrepreneurship.
Within the context of globalization women’s labour force participation and employment rates have grown all over the world where as Turkey differs from most countries with no increase. This situation is associated with low demand for female labour as well as with socio-cultural factors limiting the supply of female labour.
Women’s entrepreneurship is both about women’s position in society and about entrepreneurship. Women’s self-employment and entrepreneurship are becoming more important worldwide by removing gender segregation and rising empowerment, decreasing poverty and raising income distributions of household in the society.
"Women Integration in Business Creation (WIN-BUS)" is a pilot project that supported new entrepreneurs with a diversified spectrum. Main aims are (i) activation of potential female founders women with completed school education or professional education, who want to work in co-operations, networks or franchising systems; (ii) creation of cooperations - the founders should also have the possibility to work in already existing networks of the mentors and the project partners or to initiate such networks; (iii) exchange of information between the associated countries for strengthening the regional economic structures.
Project consortium will develop entrepreneurial training modules, methodical and social competencies of women during the project. Project ended with forty female founders. Participation in the business creation project will be cost-free and participants will make their time and knowledge available gratuitous. After identifying needs of entrepreneur, a pilot course will assist and support women in deciding on and implementing.
The target group of the project are female founders who want to work in networks, cooperation or franchise systems. This group also consists of unemployed women, women after a period of grace, women in enterprises with economical problems, as well as women who are already self-employed and want to change over into enterprises in networks or franchise systems.
For women in underdeveloped areas such models of enterprises also offer good chances for self employment.
Project will provide free business advice and support for women setting up in business, including one-to-one business advice and entrepreneurial based business planning courses.
Women Integration in Business Creation (WinBus) is supporting potential business women and the organizations working to help them, through a range of face-to-face and online training methods.
During the project, a range of resources including guides on services available across Europe and a handbook on setting up a business will developed.
Through a range of face-to-face training courses, online tools and guidebooks we aim to help women to develop their business ideas and the skills they need to put them into practice. As well as this other resources will provide guidance to trainers and individuals on the support services currently available to women setting up in business in each country.
WinBus is producing e-learning modules, guidebooks for trainers on the resources and guidance services available in each country, case studies of successful business women, a handbook on setting up your own business and a support manual for trainers/tutors working in the area of gender and employment issues. All our resources aim to promote female entrepreneurship across the EU and ensure that women are fairly represented in the business sector.
Win-Bus project has the following objectives:
• Improve the quality and to increase the volume of cooperation among institutions, enterprises, social partners in European partner countries,
• Raise women awareness for self employment and intercultural dialogue,
• Support the development of innovative ICT-based marketing and other services for business women,
• Create further marketing opportunities for women,
• Support entrepreneurship and links with the world of work,
• Enhance understanding of cultural variety by organize three study visits to Italy, United Kingdom and Slovakia,
• Create successful transitions between training, guidance and counseling organizations,
• Exchange experience between, and networking, stakeholders (experts, institutions etc) with a view to maximizing contribution made by partners to reducing women unemployment,
• Promote digital entrepreneurial content relating to key competences and encouraging women to use digital technology and resources creatively,
• Create a communicative space to make exchange of information become experience,
• Provide services and advice relating to copyright, licensing, quality assurance, public-private partnerships and multilingualism.
Guidebook:Training path for women entrepreneurs
Business Creation website
Handbook:Setting up your own business
Guidebook:European guidance services for business women entrepreneurship
Tv/Radio Program Records