Title SiQuCAE. Quality System of Certification of Experiential Learning
Project Number 2011-1-IT1-LEO05-01911
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
SiQuCAE promoted the culture of quality in VET and labour policies as well and especially as for recognition of prior learning processes are concerned.
The project aimed to foster implementation of governance and quality assurance models of RPL devices at both system and providers levels according to EQARF Recommendation.
Summary The SiQuCAE project was carried by a group of public and private partners active in the fields of vocational training and employment services in Italy, Belgium, France, Ireland and Spain. The project involved the testing of quality assurance systems of validation of formal and informal learning devices, on the basis of what implemented by the Walloon Region and the Brussels Government. The project also aimed to define a system of governance of these devices to validate skills in the Veneto Region. The work was done from the exchange between the professionals involved and the analysis of the best practices introduced in the partner countries on the basis of EQUARF Recommendation dated 2009.
The project aimed to:
- Increase the quality of the tools for validation of experiential learning.
- Improve the effectiveness of investment in the tool for validation of experiential learning.
- Increase the access of users of services for validation / certification of informal and non-formal skills.
- Qualify the system of training and work in partner countries.
- Increase the transparency of the systems among the partner countries to support the mobility of citizens.
To achieve these objectives, the project SiQuCAE moved from the institutional model of quality assurance device for validation of experiential learning developed by the Consortium for the Validation of Skills, partner of the project, and the analysis partners’ models too to highlight strengths and weaknesses.
Recognition, transparency, certification
transparency and certification
The volume “Quality Assurance of validation of non-formal and informal learning” represents the main joint product of SiQuCAE: it explains the work of the partners to adapt the EQAVET recommendation to the validation of non-formal and informal learning. It includes grids at both the system and provider levels to analyse current validation of non-formal and informal learning systems and practices, and helps those who plan to implement or improve their systems/practices to take into consideration a wide range of dimensions. It is available in
English and Italian.
Then, the project generated products –but sharing methodological values deriving from the common reference to the EQAVET descriptors- related to the different European regions and countries, developed by the project partners in their own language. These are:
- The Quality Model of validation of non-formal and informal learning of the Veneto Region
- A protocol for validation practitioners to organize and manage the whole process of academic recognition of prior learning to favour re-entry in education and training in Catalonia, together with a questionnaire of satisfaction for the users of the Advisory Service
- A Label Quality Framework (with all necessary supporting documents) of accompaniment to validation of non-formal and informal learning for all organisations that promote supporting services towards validation certification of experiential learning and that wish to start the Labelling process.