Title Learning Situations for Embedded System Study Lab - NetLab
Project Number 2011-0019-LEO05-TOI-01
Product Collection of Learning Situations
Title Collection of Learning Situations
Product Type website
Learning Situations as a innovation has excellent integration of different domains like
electronics, ICT, programming, etc. which is the nature and expected knowledge of embedded systems. The approach of Learning Situations is very novel and integrates very different knowledge on hands-on practice. The connection with real life situations is very often pointed out as a lack of ICT education. By studying the ICT and embedded systems in conjunction with real life situations rise the study to new level and demonstrates that ICT is a tool for solving the technological and other issues not as a thing in itself.
The example Learning Situation “Project planning and implementation of a control for an injection system with a microcontroller”.
It is divided into two logical parts (“Project: Description of the learning situation and the subject content” and ”Teaching Justification: Design of the educational series, taking into account their required subject area teaching”). The first part, describes a real-world, but fictive project, by the statement of the problem and technical background information
as well as a set of sub-task formulations. This learning situation utilizes the developed micro controller Kit from project Interstudy and basics in Logic and Electrical Engineering including information about methodical sequences. In different chapters the manufacturing system for light switches (the general task assigned to the students) is planned and each sub-part important to full-fill this task described in detail. It provides the following knowledge
- Positive / Negative Logic
- Skills to develop electrical circuits
- Knowledge about sensors (temperature, opener, closer, threshold)
- Programming of micro controller
a) How to visualize different plant states on micro controller display
b) Simulation of control
The second part is mainly about didactically aspects of the described learning situation, with the following content:
- The concept of action-oriented teaching
- Representation of the design principles of the learning situation, "an injection control system"
a)How to structure learning groups
b)Learning behavior of the learning groups
c)Requirements of the directives and decisions of the conference education program
d)Importance of teaching the subject
- Concrete implementation of the planning of instruction, taking into account the particularities of the learning group
- Observations from the current instruction sequence Second part is finalized by comments on the didactic year plan, with concrete time specifications about using the Learning
Situation in classes.
trainees, vocational students, continuous
Result Collection of Learning situation - booklet & electronic form
Area of application ICT, Embedded Systems, Mechatronics, Robotics