Title ECQA Valorisation Expert Training and Certification
Project Number 2011-1-GR1-LEO05-06789
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Dissemination & exploitation:
All projects (innovation, research and lifelong learning projects) need to valorise (disseminate and exploit) their results for maximising achievements and increasing sustainability after their lifetime. Many European and other projects seem to be missing a good valorisation (dissemination, sustainability and exploitation) strategy. Projects seem to be carried out in isolation and to finish without essential impact.
The VALO project develops a new certified VALORISATION EXPERT profession adding to the 30 existing certifications in the EUROPEAN CERTIFICATION AND QUALIFICATION ASSOCIATION (www.ECQA.ORG) by
- developing an online modular accredited programme of study for the job role of a Valorisation Expert
- piloting the programme in the participating organisations/member states of the project partners
- refining the programme based on systematic feedback
- ensuring self-valorisation and sustainability of the project & its outputs through the ECQA/other bodies
All projects need to valorise their results for maximising achievements and increasing sustainability after their lifetime. This includes transfer of results and best practices to different and broader contexts; potential tailoring to the needs of others; continuation after the funding period has finished; influences on policy and practice; serving the public good. The emphasis is on optimising the value of a project and on boosting its impact.
Many European and other projects seem to be missing a good valorisation strategy. Projects seem to be carried out in isolation and to finish without essential impact. In addition there is a lack of skills for carrying out valorisation actions.
The project's objectives are to:
• develop an online accredited programme of study for the job role of a Valorisation Expert;
• pilot the programme in participating organisations/member states of the project partners;
• refine the programme based on systematic feedback;
• disseminate project results via a range of channels, including a major European conference;
• ensure the self-valorisation and sustainability of the project and its outputs through the ECQA and other bodies.
The content of the valorisation qualification includes:
• importance of valorisation for raising awareness (social competencies);
• study and development of robust dissemination models and policies, strategies, processes, as well as follow-up mechanisms for successful valorisation of results, including identification of barriers to valorisation (managerial competencies);
• measurements of quality and effectiveness of valorisation activities (administrative competencies);
• assessment of the impact of results and valorisation actions (administrative competencies);
• promotion and dissemination of project results using innovative web-based electronic means, including digital media (Internet marketing, social media marketing, mobile marketing) (technical competencies).
A set of skills required to analyse, define and implement potential valorisation strategies will be developed. Based on these skills the following will be developed/implemented within the project:
• TRAINING MATERIAL - modular: Units/Elements/Performance Criteria; supported by exercises, aimed for usage by Vocational and Educational Training (VET) and/or distant learning;
• POOL OF EXAM QUESTIONS - unified, supported by ECQA electronic exam system;
• LEARNING PORTAL - providing training material and exercises;
• TRIALS of training materials and the training system will be performed for 100 participants;
• TRAIN THE TRAINERS (2 trainers per partner will be trained and certified for trainings after the end of project);
• INTEGRATION OF the TRAINING SCHEMA INTO the ECQA SCHEMA;
Description The VALO project will develop a training and certification schema for experts in the dissemination and exploitation responsibility area called "Valorisation Expert" applicable for trainings on the labour market and university students (BcS, MsC and PhDs).
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
transparency and certification
open and distance learning
material for open learning
program or curricula
The modular training material developed in the VALO Project will be available for unified usage for trainings Europewide. This will assure that training all over Europe will comply to the same quality criteria.
The modular training material includes: Units/Elements/Performance Criteria supported by exercises and evidences is used in:
- Content development (skillcard/curricula)
- Face-to-face teaching and learning material
- Distant learning material
- Exams (ECQA exams are computer-based and randomly chosen from a central pool of test questions)
The Valorisation Expert will obtain knowledge on:
1. Understanding the importance concerning valorisation of innovation and EU project results
4. Valorisation Methods
Certificates for successful participation will be issues by the European Qualification and Certification Association - www.ecqa.org.
The so called "job role committee (JRC)" will be established for the long term maintenance and updating of training material. JRC also approves new training organizations and Trainers. Consortium members will
automatically become members of JRC as developers. New members of Job Role Committee will be invited to further improve and update the training schema as well.