Title Web-Based Learning für Molekulare Genetik und Curriculumentwicklung
Project Number 2010-1-TR1-LEO05-16728
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text kulare Genetik ist die Untersuchung der Struktur und Funktion von Genen auf molekularer Ebene. Dieses Feld untersucht, wie die Gene von Generation zu Generation übertragen werden. Alle Krankheiten wie Krebs eine genetische Komponente, ob geerbt oder aus der Reaktion des Körpers auf Umwelteinflüsse. Genetik spielt eine zunehmend wichtige Rolle in der Diagnose, Überwachung und Behandlung von Krankheiten. Das ultimative Ziel ist es, diese Informationen benutzen, um neue Wege zur Behandlung zu entwickeln, zu heilen oder sogar verhindern, dass die Tausende von Krankheiten, plagen die Menschheit. Jüngste Entwicklungen in der Gentechnologie zeigt, dass genetische Techniken haben einen ganz besonderen Platz in Behandlungsmodalitäten für viele Krankheiten. So gewinnen molekulargenetischer Techniken Bedeutung, weil der Zusammenhang zwischen Krankheit und Molekulargenetik.
Molecular genetics is the study of the structure and function of genes at a molecular level. This field studies how the genes are transferred from generation to generation. All diseases like cancer have a genetic component, whether inherited or resulting from the body's response to environmental factors. Genetics is playing an increasingly important role in the diagnosis, monitoring, and treatment of diseases. The ultimate goal is to use this information to develop new ways to treat, cure, or even prevent the thousands The number of laboratory technicians is not enough even for scientific genetic research activities. There is a clear need for higher numbers of laboratory technicians for experimental manipulations, perform and troubleshoot molecular biology tasks not only in Turkey but also in whole Europe in order to able to start the century of molecular genetic based cure development. WEBGENTECH project aims to educate laboratory technicians in the topic of main molecular genetics techniques by a very efficient and practical method namely Web-Based Learning (WBL).
The consortium involved in our project hospitals, research centers, associations and university. The project partners will create an initial training curriculum and teaching materials to provide participants with knowledge and skills that qualify them to enter the molecular genetic techniques workforce. The beneficiaries of the results of our project will be initially the laboratory technicians, who will find increased job opportunities and a more profitable market for their produce, leading to better employment and increased income. This will lead to the development of new cure opportunities for patients. The advancement in cure developments will also benefit the patients both in Turkey and in whole Europe.
WEBGENTECH TOI project aimed the Vocational Educational Training for laboratory technicians in fields of molecular genetics techniques.
• Their public explanations about the need of laboratory technicians were published before in national priority plans.
• The number of the laboratory technicians familiar the molecular genetics techniques in not enough in Turkey, and the need for qualified technicians was published in newspapers as an urgent need of our country.
• Private sector bodies relating to molecular genetics fields could find more well-qualified technicians at the end of this project. By this way our project contributes to rise of capacity and efficiency for private sector bodies.
• In Web-Based Learning (WBL) methodology we will use pressed and visual material to put WEB site. The results of this project will report, and put the WEB site of the HEALTH SCIENCE RESEARCH SOCIETY, one of the project partner. This kind of pilot application using WBL methodology could be pilot application for further learning methodology development.
• The short term impact is the development of the skills and competencies of this target group throughout the project. This will increase the chance of employment, enhance employment stabilization and contribute to mobility in Europe in the health industry sector of workers in the long run.
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Freiberuflichen, Wissenschaftlichen und Technischen Dienstleistungen
Product information In this project we aim first to disseminate previous experiences established in some European countries. The nature of the previous project is about development of a curriculum for gene therapy in plant cells.Previous project has an innovative learning method namely Self Organised Learning which is newly produced. The target group was laboratory technicians for gene therapy in plant cells. Based on it, we improve the project by adding some more molecular genetic techniques and enlarging to target group. Our project is giving education on the basic molecular genetics techniques which is more important for human health in Turkey and whole European countries. Our target group is laboratory technicians because of the limited quantity in Turkey and European countries.In addition to the handbook in pdf format, we also planning to put multimedia material recorded by camera for molecular genetic techniques into WEB site. One of the most important output for our project the beneficiaries could have access to molecular genetic techniques without coming to our laboratory in whole Europe.One of the project partners from the transferred project will be our active partner and will share their experience and knowledge and also their product about the project with us.