Title Development centre for managerial competence
Project Number 2010-1-SI1-LEO05-01621
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Kadis is a company active in HRM services. Through DeCeMa project we have transferred, additionally developed and tested the assessment centre for managerial competences. Encouraged by very good results and satisfaction of participating organizations and 33 managers involved int he activities we will use the results also after the project's lifetime. Our aim is to further develop it and later make it useful in our full range of services. Further more our Dutch and Austrian partners will be able to use the results of the project since such a system as our Development Centre does not exist in their countries.
In DeCeMa project we were using the assessment center method together with the tailor-made training.
Assessment Center is still a relatively unknown concept in Slovenia, many interpret it in different ways. Developmental Centre is not only based on the idea of evaluating specific competencies, but also on the idea of discovery and development potential through training.
The procedure can be used both for purposes of selection of personnel, as well as employee competence assessment and further development. In the process, persons are put in practical situations (with actors and observers) so their competencies can be observed directly. On top of that, other methods are used to complete the picture (e.g. 360-degrees assessment questionnaires).
The objectives of the project:
• Transfer, adaptation and improvement of materials used during the assessment center.
• Improve knowledge of managerial competence.
• Improve the competitiveness of companies involved in the project.
• Establish training that is tailored to individuals and businesses.
• To assess the effects of training.
• Implementation of the assessment center process in partner organization in Slovenia (Sava hotels and resorts, Employment Service of Slovenia, ComTrade)
• Implementation of custom training for all three organizations
- Middle managers are trained very little, particularly in SMEs, although they are important for organizational performance
- SI market is relatively undeveloped in the terms of AC method
- Companies have low awareness of the competences of their employees, are not familiar with quality tools and methods to assess them and are subsequently not aware of all the potential their employees have (and training needs)
- Better acknowledging of labor market needs is needed to design quality, efficient, value-for-money tailor-made training methods – this leads to alignment of organizations, training providers and experts to assure the best quality and improve attractiveness of VET for organizations
The partners in the consortium combine a university, training providers, consulting bodies and a company to assure this alignment and also come form different backgrounds to share their experience (transfer in all directions).
The main aim is to transfer, adapt and upgrade various materials to form an innovative, quality development centre method for managerial competences, test it, evaluate, improve and make it better known and used as HRD practice, particularly in SMEs. This way we can improve not only the competence awareness, effectiveness and employability of an individual, but also the accessibility and attractiveness of training of employees, consequently improving the SMEs competitiveness.
- transfer existing tools for assessment procedures and training design
- adapt and further develop them so they fit the need of the specific companies and needs of SI market
- implement them and create tailor made trainings to fit the competence deficit on a company and individual level
- evaluate the effects thoroughly
- assessment tools package (questionnaires, practical tests, i.e. role play, in-tray exercises, observation at a workplace…) for assessment of key skills with middle managers
- pilot implementation of development centre method (assessment centre for managerial competences + tailor-made training programmes for the pilot group)
- both resulting in a new, reliable, quality method to make HR development of middle managers more available, attractive and more often used in partner countries
An individual employee will have better knowledge about their competences, resulting in better self-awareness, better career management and easier self improvement. With training they will also gain better level of managerial competence, effectiveness and employability.
On an organizational level the knowledge of the companies about competences will increase and the HRD practices will improve. Moreover, verified procedures of HRD that are more reliable, objective, but still economical, will become available (instead of only relying on their feelings for training planning) for better use and development of human resources in various organizations, mainly SMEs.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Administrative and Support Service Activities
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Other Service Activities
program or curricula
- Assessment tools for key managerial skills were transferred, adapted and partially created.
- Pilot implementation:
execution of assessment of key skills through an assessment centre to acquire a more comprehensive picture of one's potential. After the assessment a developmental plan for each individual was created, with suggestions for training. Training programme was tailor made to fit the individuals' needs. It is based on the assessment of competencies to fit the competence deficit.
- Quality manual:
to set standards for assessment procedures and reassure that all the tools and methodology live up to quality standards and can be valid in all Europe.
- International final conference:
to present the work done on the project, meant for the presentation of partners and results.
- Quality report: The quality report includes the results on quality of the assessment procedures, trainings, project's administration and management, collected qualitative and quantitative data.