Title YOMTOOL – The Youth On the Move TOOLkit
Project Number 2011-1-N01-LEO05-03276
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Zahlreiche Studien unterstreichen die Notwendigkeit für einfachere Tools bei der Vorbereitung und Durchführung von Mobilitätsmaßnahmen, welche sowohl die Qualität der Maßnahmen verbessern als auch zur Reduktion der Jugendarbeitslosigkeit beitragen können.
YOMTOOL wird drei Hauptresultate hervorbringen:
1. Ein webbasiertes Tool zur Integration von operativen Dokumenten, die im Rahmen einer transnationalen VET-Mobilität relevant bzw. notwendig sind.
2. Lernergebnisse, Zertifikate und Qualifikationsbeschreibungen werden individuell basierend auf ECVET-Prinzipien beschrieben, beschlagworted und gesammelt.
3. Eine interaktive Datenbank, welche die individuell erlangten Lernergebnisse mit Links zu den relevanten Dokumenten wie z.B. Gesellenbrief, sektorspezifische Zertifikate oder Europass-Dokumente verbindet.
YOMTOOL soll Teil der "Euroapprenticeship"-Toolsammlung werden und benutzt DISCO-Vokabular zu Beschreibung von Mobilität.
The European transnational mobility projects have over the last twenty years been implemented with a great variation in the use of supportive tools, techniques and functions documenting the results of a placement. The initiatives of NTI-MMM with LeoPass, MultiPass and the Rap4Leo in cooperation with the European Commission are relevant examples. With the integration of Europass documents this applied also to already obtained learning outcomes as well as certifications issued.
Several studies on the obstacles and barriers to participation in mobility projects, lastly through the Commission EU2020 strategic initiative Youth on the Move have been presented. A general conclusion has been the need for better information, operating tools and support services for all types of mobility actions targeting a reduction of youth unemployment.
The EU 2020 strategy clearly states that this initiative must improve:
• educational outcomes, focus on key competencies and aiming at reducing early school leaving;
• young people's entry into the labour market through integrated action covering guidance, counselling and apprenticeships.
Studies and reports on the feasibility of the different approaches to optimise the operation of mobility projects have underlined the need to secure information, tools and infrastructure as basic elements. This has been well documented in the recent results of the consultation on the Green Paper on the Learning Mobility of Young People, The Rethinking Education papers and the European Alliance for Apprenticeships
YOMTOOL addresses three different areas where the integration into one general tool structure is the creative contribution:
1. Creating a cost-effective WEB based tool integrating the operative documents relevant and required in a transnational VET mobility;
2. Secure that learning outcomes, certificates and qualification documents are individually described according to the ECVET principles, tracked and stored;
3. Setting up an interactive database where the diversity of individually obtained learning can be easily exported into or attached or linked to relevant documents like Journeyman Certificates, sector specific certificates and the Europass documents.
YOMTOOL is aiming at a set of interrelated objectives, each being a separate target by itself. An integrated toolbox will contribute to a cost-effective operation of mobility projects whereby the individual participant should be in a more profitable position during, and especially after, the finalisation of a work placement.
A. Increase the impact of VET mobility activities through a cost-effective ICT based working instrument for all involved parties;
B. Implementing ECVET principles as the recording method for obtained learning through different training pathways, including validation of prior learning acquired through formal, non-formal or informal experiences;
C. Making VET more attractive through easier access to the learner’s own training records, certificates and qualifications;
D. Creating a helpful tool for the process of individual guidance through access to a person’s record of previous learning.
YOMTOOL is an exceptionally flexible instrument, it gives the option that individually obtained learning can be linked to relevant documents like Journeyman Certificates, sector specific certificates and the Europass documents.
Moreover, YOMTOOL as a toolbox contributes to simplify the operation of VET mobility projects. The learner participants should therefore be in a more profitable position during and especially after the exchange placement. As a cost-effective instrument, YOMTOOL contributes to making vocational education and training more attractive through easier access to the learner’s own training records, certificates and qualifications as a tool for individual guidance.
The YOMTOOL system has implemented the EQF and ECVET principles as the recording method for obtained learning outcomes through different training pathways. This also includes validation of prior learning acquired through formal, non-formal or informal experiences.
Finally, the system is developed as a multilingual service, presently covering German, English, French, Norwegian and Polish. Indexing of learning outcomes in additional languages is available through the DISCO web service for describing the learning outcomes. The use of an indexing service facilitates the bridging between ESCO descriptions and the YOMTOOL service and documents.
YOMTOOL is intended to be part of the Euroapprenticeship tool collection.
Anerkennung, Transparenz, Zertifizierung
Berufsorientierung und -beratung
Erbringung von Sonstigen Wirtschaftlichen Dienstleistungen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Sonstigen Dienstleistungen
Verfahren zur Analyse und Prognose des Berufsbildungsbedarfes
Transparenz und Zertifizierung
Core components and functions:
Memorandum of Understanding
Learning outcomes searchable from database
Recognition of prior learning
Individual profile building
Web based with multilingual options
Compatible with ECVET-EQF-ESCO