Title Addressing Youth Unemployment through Soft Skills Coaching Programmes
Project Number 2011-1-ES1-LEO05-35958
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Marketing Text Das Be Competent, Be Sapiens Tool hilft beim Unterricht und bei der Beratung von jungen Menschen zur Verbesserung ihrer Soft Skills, das ist besonders notwendig, wenn sie während einer nachlassenden Wirtschaftslage auf den Arbeitsmarkt eintreten
Summary Globalization, the economic recession and the technological revolution are some of the main factors that have substantially changed our society and labour market’s needs. Processes towards labour market insertion are more and more demanding and the structure and features of job positions have changed. In order to face these challenges, it is important to detect which competences employers are looking for in candidates when recruiting, to offer the right policies related to employment and VET. Partners of this project have detected that “soft competences” are strongly valued, such as interpersonal and social competences. These competences are considered as fundamental personal skills, enabling people to adapt, react and cope in different situations concerning their job position. These qualifications are fundamental to build a knowledge-based society, in line with a changing labour market: for instance, the coexistence of at least three different generations (Baby-Boomers, the X/Y and the Z2.0) in the same time period in working environments is totally changing the way employers and human resources manager need to ensure a cohesive and goal-oriented staff team. Giving the above context, the overall aim of this project was to facilitate the transition of young people from the education system into the labour market, through the acquisition of knowledge, competences and qualifications that promote their personal development and their active participation in working life. Two innovative products of the project “Be Competent Be Sapiens” have been transferred: the “Bsapiens Coaching Model” and the “Market of Competences Training Course”. Partners of this project belong to human resources, enterprises associations and VET providers. They have all detected the same priorities concerning the needs for young people in the actual labour market. They have adapted the above-mentioned products at country level, in order to offer an effective coaching programme which will enable the target group to develop successfully soft competences related to social and interpersonal skills. The impact that this project aimed to reach is to successfully match key competences in soft skills with labour market needs, making a significant change in facilitating the access into the labour market for young people, while enterprises, human resources staff, educational/training centers will acquire the necessary coaching competences to spread and disseminate the products to other interested organizations and employers.
The general objectives of the project were:
-To support young people in transition from the educational system to access to employment, through the acquisition and use of knowledge, competences and qualifications that promote their personal development and their active participation into the labour market.
-To find new solution to fight against youth unemployment in Europe.
-To contribute to develop social and interpersonal competences in changing working environments.
-To improve the quality and innovation of the vocational and educational training system introducing contents for trainings based on the identification, promotion and valorisation of key social and interpersonal competences in active young adults.
-To promote the implementation of regular coaching programmes and the creation of new trainings on key competences in “soft skills” for workers.
The specific objectives of the project were:
1) To analyse, compare and disseminate soft competences that are necessary in order to maintain one’s job position and be successfully recruited.
2) To undertake a diagnosis to show which social and interpersonal qualifications are most needed in enterprises and in job position, to ensure a great adaptation and success in labour market for young people.
3) To transfer the training products from the project “Be Competent Be Sapiens”: Bsapiens Coaching Programme and Market of Competences/Competences for Labour Market Programme”.
4) To develop an interactive ICT platform containing all the relevant material and information on the transferred products.
4) To undertake the coaching programme at local level, through a pilot experience with end users.
5) To develop new pedagogical competences and curriculum development skills to at least 60 VET teachers, tutors or trainers proceeding from educational, professional or human resources organizations.
6) To undertake an effective dissemination and exploitation plan, in order to spread the results and reach the highest number of end users and beneficiaries of the coaching programme, to ensure that the results of the project will be sustainable also after the end of it.
Nutzung und Verbreitung von Ergebnissen
Erziehung und Unterricht
Erbringung von Sonstigen Wirtschaftlichen Dienstleistungen
Verarbeitendes Gewerbe/Herstellung von Waren
Gesundheits- und Sozialwesen
Kunst, Unterhaltung und Erholung
Unterlagen für offenen Unterricht
The project has achieved the following tangible results:
- National reports about the Assessment and needs analysis of the required soft skills in social and interpersonal competences in the labour market. (EN)
- Production of a report reflecting which social and interpersonal qualifications are most needed to access a job position (EN);
- EU level report on Assessment and needs analysis of the required soft skills in social and interpersonal competences in the labour market (EN, SP, BG, FR, PT, DE).
- Local Mapping Template on Existing coaching programmes on soft skills competences in the EU (EN).
- Local Mappings on Existing coaching programmes on soft skills competences in the EU (EN, SP, BG, FR, PT, DE).
- An interactive ICT platform containing all the relevant material related to the “Bsapiens Coaching Model” and “the Market of Competences Training Course”;
- A coaching module for each participating countries on soft skills coaching and training methodology (EN, SP, BG, FR, PT, DE).