Title ROMAinEU: Social and civil competences among mediators, advisers and trainers working in school, social and/or labour integration of Roma people
Project Number 2011-1-ES1-LEO05-36463
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
ROMAinEU was an innovative project created by a group of six European organisations from five state member countries, which are trying to change the European vision regarding the Roma people and furthermore, are encouraging and enhancing the integration of this population.
The partners of this project are: 1) EBG from Germany, 2) ROMI SERSENI from Spain, 3) CIEDT “Amalipe” from Bulgaria, 4) ROMANICRISS from Romania, 5) DARTKE from Hungary and 6) IFI from Spain.
This interesting project has developed social and civil competencies among mediators, advisors and trainers working in school, social and/ or labour integration of Roma people.
Roma are the largest ethnic minority group in the EU, and their integration is already a pending issue, as Roma communities continue facing discrimination in accessing education, employment, healthcare and other services. Implementing concrete action to integrate Roma has proven difficult for many countries, as cultural and social differences seem to be a gap difficult to solve, and one of the main reasons is the lack of knowledge and practice regarding intercultural approach to Roma traditions, as well as the lack of other competences such as problem solving, tolerance or motivation among those professionals working as mediators, advisers or trainers with Roma and non-Roma population.
1. “Social and civil competences to work for the integration of Roma people” on-line course.
2."Social and civil competences to work for the integration of Roma people" handbook.
1. Exchange of experiences and good practices among the partners and the setting up of future collaborations.
Improvement of skills, knowledge and abilities of advisers/ mediators/ trainers working in social and/or labour integration of Roma people.
This project had as its MAIN OBJECTIVE to develop social and civil competences among mediators, advisers and trainers working in school, social and/or labour integration of Roma people, and the SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES were:
- Provide the target group with the necessary knowledge, skills and competences in order to promote an intercultural approach, the respect for differences and the educational, social and labour integration of Roma people.
- Contribute and enhance socio-labour and educational integration of Roma people.
- Raising awareness about the importance of respecting the social and cultural differences
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
material for open learning
- Project Website
- Project Brochure
- “Social and civil competencies to work for the integration of Roma people” handbook.
- “Social and civil competencies to work for the integration of Roma people” on-line course.
- Dissemination seminars