Title Expanding BEQUAL Benchmarking Tool and Community of Practice for Quality Assurance in Vocational Education and Training
Project Number 2011-1-BG1-Leo05-05033
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text BEQUAL + is a project under the Transfer of Innovation Leonardo da Vinci Multilateral Projects that transfers innovation techniques for quality assurance in vocational education and training, aiming at developing quality assurance in VET institutions through promotion of self-evaluation, quality benchmarking and networking.
The BEQUAL + project transfers innovation techniques for quality assurance in VET resulting from a previous successful project "Benchmarking Tool for Quality Assurance in VET (BEQUAL)", that have been developed and piloted in 6 EU countries.
The general aims of BEQUAL+ are:
- To develop quality assurance in VET through promotion of self-evaluation, quality benchmarking and networking
- To promote the use of EQAVET in VET
- To allow practical application of the quality assurance framework in VET
- То foster discussion on quality assurance issues
- To promote international cooperation and exchange of experience in quality assurance
The consortium consists of 5 partners from 4 countries (Bulgaria, Greece, Turkey and Italy). The partnership includes public body responsible for VET policy, 2 consulting companies, 1 university and 1 training center. Partners bring specific expertise and complement each other, providing the necessary different points of view and capacity to develop the products.
Based on the innovative content developed in the previous project, BEQUAL + will adapt and pilot the benchmarking tool for quality assurance in VET, will expand the Community of Practice, involving more countries, and will enhance the thematic portal with new language versions and new content.
The project targets VET providers and stakeholders, policy makers, researchers and practitioners.
The anticipated impact includes:
- Enhanced capacity of VET providers to develop and improve their quality management practices
- Better ability of policy-makers to identify critical issues on quality assurance and to define policy approaches, leading to better targeted policy in quality assurance
- Provision of instruments and practices that easily could be incorporated into national quality assurance systems
- Provision of new insights into level of VET quality in participating countries compared to other European countries
- Increased awareness of EQAVET among VET providers and stakeholders
- Improved quality assurance systems in VET
- Common trust between different parts of national VET systems and between different countries
BEQUAL+ project aims to achieve the following objectives:
• to examine the existing approaches for quality assurance in participating countries
• to transfer, adapt and pilot the benchmarking tool in Bulgaria, Turkey and Italy
• to develop new language versions of the thematic portal, namely Bulgarian, Turkish, and Italian
• to enrich the thematic portal with various content, documents, links, articles, videos
• to disseminate and promote the benchmarking tool at regional, national and European level
• to collaborate in development of products and quality assurance practices
The innovative content transferred consists of:
• Electronic benchmarking tool for quality assurance in VET, which offers opportunity for VET providers to compare their performance with similar institutions in their country or in other European countries, and helps to identify their strong and weak points, thus setting preconditions for improvement;
• Web based quality sharing network and good practice center establishing Community of Practice (CoP) in the field of quality assurance in VET;
• Thematic portal as a reference point for practitioners, researchers and policy makers in VET;
Product information Based on the innovative content developed, BEQUAL + will adapt and pilot the benchmarking tool for quality assurance in VET, will expand the Community of Practice, involving more countries, and will enhance the thematic portal with new language versions and new content. It will use the set of common principles for benchmarking quality of VET providers, already elaborated under the chosen methodology and will adapt them to the characteristics of the VET systems of participating countries and to the EQAVET. The thematic portal will be enriched with national versions containing specific information of national interest. It will provide opportunity to enrich the collection of good practices and to expand the CoP.