Title Dispositif d’Intégration de la Mobilité européenne pour les apprentis
Project Number 2011-1-FR1-LEO05-24448
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text Euro-DIM project : a tool full package for an integrated mobility !
Transnational mobility is a powerful learning tool to access new knowledge and strengthen linguistic and intercultural skills.
Up to this day, support for mobility projects has helped to develop a number of transferable and adaptable tools leading to a visible increase of initiatives. But the European mobility of apprentices remains very low (only 1%).
It is much less than in higher education since an apprentice is faced with additional obstacles inherent in apprenticeship/sandwich courses.
Thus, the project Euro-DIM aims to provide a transferable and adaptable system to integrate mobility into vocational education and training programs.
It relies on existing tools and methods and it will be tested in three partner countries in the sector of the optics-eyewear and dental technicians.
In order to make the mobilitty in apprenticeship, the rule rather than the exception, the Euro-DIM system was based on four aims :
(1) to organize mobility through learning outcomes as ECVET methodology
(2) to train mobility coaches and other actors involved in the physical and virtual mobility
(3) to involve language teachers and increase multilingual situations ahead of the physical mobility through virtual mobility
(4) and to set up a sectoral network of organizations for vocational education and training (VET) and business operators.
To achieve these four objectives, the project was organized into seven work packages (WP):
- Three transverse WP (Management-Valuation and Evaluation), spread over the duration of the project to ensure the quality, dissemination and exploitation of project
- And four successive WP (Transfer-Development-Testing-generalization) to ensure the conformity of the results with the aims of the project.
To date, the Euro-DIM project is finalized. The development and evolution of Euro-DIM system is the responsibility of the Sponsorship and monitoring Committee composed of national representatives of partner countries.
The Sponsorship and monitoring Committee is also responsible for the dissemination and sustainability of the network by welcoming new partners and transfer theEuro-DIM system to other sectors trades.
Utilization and distribution of results
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Human Health and Social Work Activities
Other Service Activities
transparency and certification
material for open learning
open and distance learning
Beyond the different reports of internal and external assessment , and production related to dissemination and enhancement of the project (newsletters, website, brochure), the Euro-DIM project have produced five results, transferable in other European countries and adaptable in other sectors :
- A book to integrate mobility in apprenticeship,
- ECVET folder
- A summary of training and professional practices by sector and partner countries,
- An educational package including online training for those involved in mobility and documents for the implementation of virtual mobility.
- The documentation concerning the Euro-DIM network.
These results are intended primarily for professional training organizations wishing to integrate the European mobilityinto apprenticeship programs. They may also interest apprentices and companies (= also beneficiary of the Euro-DIM system).
The results are available on the ADAM portal and on the Euro-DIM website (http://cfpast.com/eurodim)
Note that the website also includes lots of information and videos for people or organizations interested in the Euro-DIM system.