Title NewsJob - Becoming Entrepreneurs! Developing New Skills for New Jobs
Project Number 518482-LLP-1-2011-1-IT-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
According to the European Strategy 2020 and in line with the development of transversal key-competences (ref. Racc. 2006/962/CE) and the 'non-routine skills' (ref. ‘New skills for New Jobs’ COM(2008) 868), NewsJob has had as a main aim the reintegration into the labor market of over 45 years old unemployed people.
As a final significant and concrete outcomes, thanks to the NewsJob methodology, the 30% of final beneficiaries (n.88) who attended all 4 testing phases, have been reintegrated into the labour market as employed, self-employed and new entrepreneurs.
The project has been in line with the European strategy 2020 aimed at developing smart, sustainable and inclusive growth.
According to such strategy which has indicated the goal of achieving the 75% rate of employed people (age 20-64) by 2020, the project aimed in particular at supporting over 45 adults (with secondary school and with compulsory education
degrees) who loose their jobs due to the current economic crisis, in renewing their professional profile in order to be reintegrated in the labour market.
In each of the 5 countries involved, partners should involve 20 people (over-45 unemployed) for the development of entrepreneurial skills.
In this regard NewsJob has achieved the following concrete results with related impacts:
- ITALY: 2 persons are close to start new activities through mentors’ support; 3 persons have started to work in a dependent way
- LATVIA: 3/ 5 persons are close to develop their business idea as permanent business; 2 persons might leave business activities and transform hobbies in income source
- GREECE: 3 persons have opened their own business, 2 persons are now self-employed
-SPAIN: 3 persons have created their own business; 2 persons are close to create their own business
- UK: 3 persons have started their own business; 2 persons are close to create their own business; 3 persons have found a permanent job.
As mentioned, the 30% of final beneficiaries (n.88) have been reintegrated into the labour market.
For project sustainability, n. 16 Memorandum of Understanding have been signed so far with local stakeholders at country level.
The project involved 6 partners and requires the collaboration of external organizations such as SMEs, VET institutions and the Social partners, especially in relation to testing, dissemination and exploitation phases.
NewsJob has tested an Integrated Learning Model (ILM) targeted at over 45 unemployed through the implementation of the following ‘core-actions’ of the project:
1. production/localization of e-learning (tot.26h in 6 languages) for the development of transversal key-competences (KC4,5,7) in particular entrepreneurship (by June 2012).
For e-learning on line modules belonging to Progetto Trio - www.progettotrio.it, the web learning system provided by Tuscany Region (IT))- have been localised in partners languages.
2. identification/selection -through the involvement of social partners- of final beneficiaries: over 45 unemployed (max 20 in each country), e-tutors, retired entrepreneurs as mentors
3. planning and managing in-site training target at over 45 unemployed (32h), e-tutors (24h), and senior mentors (12h) (all actions by Jan.2013)
4. implementation of mentoring phase – towards the creation of their own business for over 45 - and internship phases – with the involvement of SMEs (all actions by Oct.2013)
5. compare key-competences acquired with ECVET frameworks
6. definition of agreements with social partners for the insertion of best practices within VET policies at local, regional, national levels
Open and distance learning
Recognition, transparency, certification
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Other Service Activities
Information and Communication
material for open learning
program or curricula
open and distance learning
transparency and certification
Below the main products and outcomes of the project:
- Blended Learning Package – Educational programs and didactic materials (on line and face-to-face training) for developing Key-competences and Non-routine skills
- Guidelines – NewsJob Best Practices targeted at VET trainers which will be used as a working tool
- Web Learning Group (WLG) as a virtual space which support participants and in general term the VET systems in implementing and transferring methods and experiences.
- ECVET (European Credit System For Vocational
Education And Training), aimed at facilitating the recognition of gained knowledge, skills and competences.