Project Type Transfer of Innovation
“Lack of skilled workers despite unemployment rates on record high levels:
According to a recent European study, there is still a demand for skilled workers despite the current crises [...]. In many sectors […] there are more job vacancies than people looking for employment.” These alarming headlines show clearly the problems with which Europe struggles for some years now, namely the permanently increasing lack of skilled workers. The project TAKE TECH has directly tackled this issue and regards itself as a “driver for the European economy” in order to ensure the ability to innovate through well skilled people. The awareness and matchmaking method that has been carried out in several European countries has proven to successfully bridge the gap between young people and companies.
Summary The project TAKE TECH aimed at spreading the method TAKETECH - awareness raising of young people for technical professions - all over Europe and partly to enhance the already existing TAKE TECH method. The target of TAKE TECH has been to link schools and technical companies through systematic matchmaking and to raise the awareness for technical issues among youngsters through school visits to such companies. On the one hand, young people should get interested in technical professions through these company visits, on the other hand companies can present themselves to future employees and can by that actively prevent themselves a possible lack of skilled personnel. All in all about 4.000 pupils could visit over 150 companies during the pilot Phase of the project.
In order to reach the targets of the project, the following steps have been taken in the project TAKE TECH:
- Analysis of best practices for measures, raising the awareness of young people for technical professions in all the participating countries
- Enhancing the existing TAKETECH method specifically with regard to the development of target oriented measures for young people and companies
- Transfer of the TAKE TECH method via a train-the-trainer Seminar to several European countries. The modules of the seminar have been: model TAKE TECH in general, seminar/training TAKE TECH for companies, seminar/training TAKE TECH for teachers
- Pilot projects have been be carried out in the participating countries and heve been very successful.
The following products have been developed within the project TAKE TECH:
- Report about the results of the analysis about measures that are similar to TAKE TECH (Analysis-Report)
- TAKE TECH general informations handbook
- TAKE TECH handbooks for teachers and Company.members
TAKE TECH website + free download area
- TAKE TECH filme (available on Website)
- Carrying out of national TAKE TECH measures in the participating countries