Title CHARISM - Case Management for unemployed Youth
Project Number 517861-LLP-1-2011-1-AT-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Développement d'innovation
Country EU-Projets centralisés
Marketing Text Le projet CHARISMA met l’accent sur la recherche d’une insertion professionnelle de longue durée des jeunes participants. CHARISMA a pour but de patronner les points forts individuels des jeunes, afin de soutenir la probabilité d’un emploi long-terme. Par ailleurs, CHARISMA vise à responsabiliser les participants pour leur développement personnel et leur compétitivité générale. Il s’agit notamment de ressortissants de milieux défavorisés avec des déficits cognitifs et sonores qui constitueront les participants au projet. Ce dernier a donc pour objectif de rendre les jeunes aptes à prendre la responsabilité de leur formation tout au long de leur vie, à travers des séances d’entrainement et de soutien. Ainsi, le focus est mis non seulement sur le développement de leurs compétences sociales, mais aussi celui de leurs forces individuelles.
The goal of CHARISM is to develop a common European model to support disadvantaged young people while seeking a job or an apprenticeship and provide help during the application process based on the methodological approach of Case Management.
- integrates youth socially, educationally and vocationally with the method of Case Management.
- strengthens the individual competences of unemployed youth so that they can find a fitting job as a first step towards a sustainable career.
- offers a concept for “Case Management for unemployed youth” training for employment services and training providers.
- develops the “CHARISM Passport”, an instrument to make visible formal and informal competences of unemployed youth.
The “CHARISM” project is supported by the Leonardo da Vinci Lifelong Learning Program of the European Union. Six partners from five different European countries are involved in “CHARISM”: BFI Tirol Bildungs GmbH, Innsbruck/Austria; BilSE-Institute of Education and Research Ltd, Güstrow/Germany; Hamburger Volkshochschule/Germany; Fundación Universidad Empresa of the Region of Murcia, Spain; KEK Kronos Ltd, Greece; University Rehabilitation Institute, Republic of Slovenia.
Due to the ongoing economic crisis countries throughout the EU have seen a dramatic rise of unemployment figures, especially regarding young people.
In all parts of Europe countries are confronted with:
- An extremely vulnerable situation of poorly educated groups, especially young, unemployed people lacking proper vocational training.
- The lack of a common European solution and appropriate measures how to promote the reintegration of young people into the labour market and combat youth unemployment although the unemployment rate is still unacceptably high.
These two main challenges are the reason for implementing the CHARISM project. The aim of this project is to fight youth unemployment and find a common European solution.
In order to reach the aims of CHARISM, a common European model will be developed how to promote the (re-) integration of this disadvantaged group into society and labour market with the help of the CHARISM Case Management.
The CHARISM Case management “is a guidance procedure for unemployed people where the “manager” focusses individually on the unemployed person and works with a holistic approach, taking into account any aspect that could empower the unemployed person.”
The CHARISM project is addressed to the following target groups:
1. Young people
The young people taking part in the CHARISM project are between 15 and 25 years old, they have to be unemployed or in an unsustainable job/ employment, because of: a lack of graduation, early school leaving, substance abuse, “deviant” behavior, for example aggressiveness, isolation …, financial difficulties, homelessness, the lack of a family background, mental stress, other reasons.
2. Case Managers
The Case Manager works as a professional partner with each young person to:
• identify and prioritize personal strengths and needs, and translate them into a set of realistic goals;
• develop a support plan to achieve these goals;
• access, across institutions, the resources needed to pursue these goals;
• successfully complete a "customized" set of services among a variety of institutions;
• help clients learn to access these services.
3. Employment services and training providers
Marché du travail
Validation, transparence, certification
Transparence et certification
Within the project we will develop:
- a concept for a training on “Case Management for unemployed youth” based on ECVET for employment services and training providers.
- the “CHARISM Passport”, an instrument to make visible formal and informal competences of unemployed youth.
- A CHARISM Handbook