Title INNOVATION TRANSFER NETWORK FOR MEDITERRANEAN MARICULTURE
Project Number 2010-1-GR1-LEO 05-03986
Product New training material
Title New training material
Product Type open and distance learning
Marketing Text Six new innovative training courses were developed based on identified end-user needs. The tailored training courses used a skills/competences/learning outcomes approach. This industry-led training was developed not only to meet the needs of the sector but was also customised to address national industry needs, aspirations, knowledge backgrounds and language barriers.
New training material was developed for the training courses and was piloted in the following countries
• Innovative solutions in Feeding Management for sea bass and sea bream (Turkey and Spain)
• Innovative Vaccination strategies for sea bass and sea bream (Turkey and Spain)
• Innovative solutions in increasing predictability in sea bass and sea bream hatcheries (Greece)
• Innovative solutions in Genomic applications for sea bass and sea bream (Greece)
• Innovative solutions in Processing Technology and creation of added value products and services for sea bass and sea bream (Greece and Turkey)
• Mediterranean Mariculture Vision 2020 - MEDAQUA CEO Event (Greece)
The design of the training material was based on identified end-user needs and involved the recruitment of industry experts for training content to ensure the materials were relevant to the sector.
Target group Mediterranean Mariculture Industry, fish farmers, educational/training sector
Result The training courses were tested in Greece, Spain and Turkey during 2012. Overall the pilot training was highly successful. The pilot training events resulted in the up-skilling of 202 participants students in the sector, involved 23 expert trainers and educational materials developers and has resulted in a huge amount of awareness.
Area of application Mediterranean Mariculture Industry, fish farmers, educational/training sector