Title E-learning sur techniques de la chirurgie pour des chirurgien-orthopédist et des enginiéurs biomécanique
Project Number ES/07/LLP-LdV/TOI/149037
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text L'objectif du projet était assurer l'accès à la formation continue dans le domaine de la chirurgie traumatologique et la biomechanique du rachis pour des chirurgien-orthopédist et des enginieurs qui sont focalisés sur le design d'implants.
Training contents were based upon teaching of some aspects related to medicine and engineering disciplines. These contents were undertaken to give a larger comprehension of surgical techniques linked to spine pathologies which are related to implant use. Also, these modules give information about the biomechanical response to a specific treatment.
This project was addressed to the following centres and university departments:
• Orthopaedic surgery departments of Schools of Medicine.
• Departments of biomedical engineering in technical universities and postgraduate degrees in biomedical engineering.
• Public hospitals with doctors in training.
• Public or private hospitals with doctors who want extent or renew their knowledge on new technologies linked to spine surgery.
• R+D and sales departments of orthopaedic implant manufacturers that want to offer continued training to their employees.
Training material was based in a telematic training tool which comprises both theoretical modules about medicine and biomechanics, and practice contents for the students make exercises to secure their learning.
• Theory documentation consist in transferring previous training material (courses for companies, books, and modules of biomedical engineering courses) that was developed by the consortium partners to transform it into a telematic training tool which be accessible to any European student.
• Preparation of practice documentation consists in transforming the European Simulation Service Provider for Orthopaedic Surgery “OrthoSIM” and clinical cases obtained by clinician groups of the consortium, into a practical and comprehensive training tool.
Main innovation offered by this course is that theoretical contents and practise modules are studied by means a telematic tool, outfitting a wide exploitation potential.
Formation tout au long de la vie
Formation ouverte et à distance
Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Matériel pour l'enseignement
Enseignement à distance
The system offers:
Specialized training courses.
A database of anonymized clinical cases.
A virtual community of skilled professionals (discussion boards, chats, faqs, blogs, etc).
A news service and an associated newsletter.
Usage of the simulation services with generic implants.