Project Number 2011-1-NL1-LEO05-05208
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text The PRIME-project emphasis the transfer of knowledge and the implementation and dissemination of the results of the former EQUAVET-project (AGREEMENT 2006-4042/001-001 LE2 78CQAF). The instrument for implementation that will be used is the EQUASS certification program. (EQUASS = European Quality in Social Services). The EQUASS approach on quality is used measuring performance for quality assurance for social services and for VET-services in the disability sector. EQUASS is the operationalization of the EQAVET framework for the VET-services, the Common Quality Framework for SSGI and the Voluntary European Quality Framework for SSGI.
The main aim of the PRIME-project is to improve the quality of the VET-services for persons with a disability, by transfer of expertise on quality assurance from a previous Leonardo project (Eqavet) and according to the European (Eqavet) quality framework. Primarily for the project partners, but eventually for all VET-providers who would like to implement the Eqavet framework in their services.
The instrument for implementation that will be used is the EQUASS certification program. (EQUASS = European Quality in Social Services).
The aims of the project are:
- Partners will improve the quality of their VET services through the implementation of the EQAVET framework. Knowhow and experiences of Expert partner (EPR) and practice experiences (RCN-Pluryn) will be brought in as expertise. This addresses the priority: supporting the implementation of EQAVET.
- Partners will increase their capacity and competencies to implement the EQAVET Framework in VET through training in systematic self-assessment and internal auditing on EQAVET framework and indicators. This address the priority: Implementation of further professionalization of professionals in VET by training, by strengthening the links to 5 participating VET providers and increasing their knowledge of and capacity to assure quality in VET services.
- Partners will increase their knowledge and experiences through the exchange and sharing experiences in implementing EQUAVET framework via the method of interactive workshops, bench learning and bench marking. This addresses the priority: Innovating continuous education by implementing concrete and innovative ways for training for employees.
- Partners will increase their knowledge and expertise on quality assurance in VET through a cross reference study which will result in guidelines for VET-providers in implementing the EQAVET framework. This addresses the priority supporting the implementation of EQAVET.
- Partners will exchange knowledge, experiences and examples of good practice through bench learning and benchmarking activities which will deliver concrete examples of implementing the EQAVET framework and the indicators. This will address the priority: supporting the implementation of EQAVET.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Access for disadvantaged
Utilization and distribution of results
Human Health and Social Work Activities
transparency and certification
The used methodology will lead to the following results (poducts):
- Cross reference study.
A comparison between quality requirements of EQAVET and EQUASS. The study contributes to a deep and clear understanding of the EQAVET framework, core indicators and the EQUASS Assurance certification as instrument for implementation.
- Systematic self-assessment of partners on the EQAVET framework.
The self-assessment is a reflection of the performance of the partners on the quality requirements of the EQAVET framework. The reflection will result in strengths and areas for improvement. It will confirm to the partners that the implementation of EQAVET framework will not start from scratch. The methodology for self-assessment will be part of the capacity building of the partners.
- Implementation of the quality EQAVET requirements.
Based on an implementation plan, derived from the results of the self-assessment, the partners will start the implementation of the EQAVET quality requirements which are not met yet.
- Learning and exchange.
Commonalities in implementation will be shared and coordinated. Project partners will exchange experiences of good practice.
- Peer review and internal auditing.
Partners will built on the knowledge, skills, competence and capacity to assess performance on the EQAVET quality requirements.
- External assessment.
The partners that have successfully implemented the EQAVET quality requirements will have the opportunity to verify their performance with independent external assessment (and certification).