Title CREDNET- NETWORK FOR THE ACCREDITATION OF THE MANAGERIAL SKILLS
Project Number 518802-LLP-1-2011-1-GR-LEONARDO-LNW
Project Type Networks
Country EU-Centralised Projects
Marketing Text The project CREDNET is a transnational network that envisages a common framework of competencies and qualifications for the recognition of and validation of entrepreneurial-related and managerial skills acquired in non-formal learning. This will be achieved by developing a certification methodology and criteria to validate informal learning especially for the credibility and recognition of the competencies established. This will help companies widen the applicability of the recognition procedures and the development of a legislative framework on it. It is envisaged managers to be more involved in innovation activities and companies become more competitive.
Summary The CREDNET project brings together 8 partners from 7 European countries working in the field of the accreditation of the managerial skills. The general objectives of the project are the improvement of the recognition of the skills and competencies of the managers acquired through informal and non formal learning. Given the fact that generally the managers obtain most of their skills on the job and they do not have any official qualifications for them, it is an important issue for their career to be able to prove that they have these skills and competencies. According to the opinion of the partnership, the most effective way to identify these skills and competencies are through self evaluation. With the use of the online self evaluation tool that is proposed by the partnership, the managers will be able easily to measure their skills and competencies and to see the results online. This will enable them to identify their shortages and be motivated to resolve them. Also the project aims to create a methodology that will be specific for the accreditation of the skills and competencies of the managers acquired through informal and non formal learning. Specific training actions will be designed in order to familiarize the managers with the tool.
Description The project aims to facilitate the recognition of the skills and competencies of the managers acquired through informal and non formal learning through the development and implementation of an accreditation methodology and a self- evaluation tool which will enable the managers to identify their gaps.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
Information and Communication
open and distance learning
transparency and certification
- Comparative study in the partner countries of the state-of-the-art of validation process of non formal and informal learning in the participating countries with reference to managerial profiles
- Online portal on which the best practices identified regarding the accreditation of the managerial skills are going to be uploaded in order to be visible by anyone interested and to set a good example
- Methodology for the accreditation of managers’ competencies: Document which will describe the methodological framework for the accreditation of the skills acquired through informal and non formal training.
- Self Evaluation Tool: Online tool for the self- evaluation of skills and competencies
- E-Learning training contents are going to be developed in order to train the managers in the methodology.