Title Transfer of experiences with vocational education and training for sustainable development (Euro-Nach II)
Project Number DE/11/LLP-LdV/TOI/147466
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Marketing Text A UN World Decade project, the awarded Saxon State Contest, was transferred onto a European level together with 12 partners from 7 countries. The aim was the establishment of a European Environmental Contest.
In 2002 the United Nations (UN) proclaimed the period from 2005 until 2014 the World Decade of Education for Sustainable Development.
This initiative helped to integrate the principles of sustainable development into the national education systems and to enable the learners to think and act sustainably.
Vocational education and training (VET) plays a key role within this process, because the transformation of the working and living environment towards a sustainable development requires a new understanding of economic activity as well, since economic, ecological and social developments cannot be separated from each other regarding the protection of livelihood for future generations.
After the completion of the first half of the UN decade experiences made by the project coordinator with VET for sustainable development (www.landeswettbewerb-agenda21.de) were taken up in order to develop this approach further, to increase its effect and to enhance public awareness of this educational concept by international cooperation.
This Transfer of Innovation project accompanied the initiative of the partners of the project CREDCHEM and the LdV Partnership "Transnational VET cooperation in the field of natural science" to establish a European educational network for the chemical sector – CREDCHEM Network.
With CREDCHEM Network a European network exists, within which the results of the project EURO-Nach II were transferred into VET practice.
- The main aim was the development of a conceptional approach for shaping a transnational VET in the field of sustainable development with a strong focus on operational value creation:
- The further development of the Saxon State Contest (www.landeswettbewerb-agenda21.de), coordinated by the SBG was carried out and transfered into the European neighbor countries.
- The pilot testing of the developed competition approach was carried out in the training year 2012/13 by working successfully on a task (synthesis of acetylsalicylic acid) with pupils from European partners.
- The inclusion of the teaching personnel, who participated in the implementation and testing of the concept, into the planning phase took place. This ensured a better integration of the relevant training and teaching contents in all partner countries.
- The call for and carrying out the CREDCHEM-NETWORK environmental contest 2013/2014 (contest webpage: www.euronach2.org)were made.
- The creation of a pool of tasks (sectoral focus) and i.e. cooperation with companies and branch associations took place. This enabled and will enable current and future participants of the environmental contest to adhere with ecological criteria, meet economic indicators and take social responsibility by complying with environmental, health and security as well as economic rules. This lead(s) to gaining competences in the field of sustainability, which exceed(ed) the contents of the relevant national teaching or training schedule.
- The creation of a methodical-didactic concept for an additional qualification (sustainability skills,) which was and will be integratively imparted by the participating institutions and confirmed by a certificate for all participants of the environmental contest, took place.
- The criteria for the determination of learning outcomes (identification of occupational competence)were developed.
Open and distance learning
Utilization and distribution of results
program or curricula
open and distance learning
- Pedagogical concept to transfer the Saxon State Contest in to the structures of the European Educational Network – CREDCHEM Network
- Organizational manual for a European Environmental Contest, which was in 2013 proclaimed by CREDCHEM Network. This procedure will continue for the next years. The organisation manual contains i.e. a pool of task for a cross-border work on project tasks, which aims to initiate and to spread transnational project learning.
- Call for competition for 2013/2014 to interest pupils of the partner schools as well as further schools for the environmental contest.
- The transfer takes place in the chemical sector, but the experiences gained in the project can also be seized for other sectors.