Title Outils pour l´entrainement dans la formation professionelle
Project Number DE/11/LLP-LdV/TOI/147419
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Enseigner des jeunes dans la formation professionnelle est un processus clé. D´autant plus il est étonnant qu’on ne sait presque rien de la pratique professionnelle des formateur (et des formatrices). C’était la toile de fonds pour le project TVV.
Pendant le project on a étudié en facon exemplaire le processus d’enseigner aux formateurs et des possibilités de développer ce processus. En dehors de cela on a testé des strategies et methodes pour soutenir les formateurs: Outils pour enseigner dans la formation professionnelle.
The starting point of the project is that there is nearly no knowledge on the teaching reality of
trainers in VET in Europe. This is astonishing because the teaching practice of trainers is a
strategically important issue for the quality of output and outcome in VET. Therefore the
teaching practice has to be focused in the debate on development and the improvement of
the VET system.
This was the background for the project`s aims:
Good practices in teaching was made visible, so that existing know-how and experiences
in this area could be reflected and used for development of strategies for a quality improvement in
teaching. There were discussed and tested strategies how to embedded individualised teaching methods into different institutional structures where the know-how of the trainers can be exchanged and fostered bystructures of institutional support.
So the rather "intuitive" pedagogical practice of trainers in VET can be transformed into more
In the first year
a. the project started to reflect how to install an institutional and political framework that
supports trainers in the development of their competences as teachers,
b. and started to develop a quality assurance concept in the context of EQARF, in order to
bring the subject of teaching into the focus of the VET quality debate. This process was
executed in a close communication with the National Agency / BIBB and other Leonardo
projects during several meetings.
In the contacts to the transnational partners the following steps were executed:
1. Screen, discuss and adapt the approach, the material and the methods that exist from
former German project approaches, concerning teaching and learning in VET
2. Come together for a first transnational meeting
3. Completion of a questionnaire for trainers and the dissemination in DE, ES, IT, RO.
4. Evaluation of the questionnaire, writing reports with the results (see uploades material)
5. Presentation of the results to the trainers in the relevant training institutions in each country.
The main result - for details see the national reports and presentations - is that now in all
countries we have a deeper knowledge on the main concepts of teaching the trainers are
using, we know more about resources and problems in the every-day process of teaching,
and we learnt about the necessity of support for trainers.
In the second year the main project steps were
1. the reflection of the results of the questionnaire and organising feed backs to the trainers combined with the development of exemplary support, e.g. in methods of coaching, exchange in teams of trainers etc.,
2. the organisation of an exchange of best practice know-how, solutions and positive and
negative experiences between the participating trainers in each region
3. To focus on the necessity for establishing a support system on an institutional and political level through activation of the regional stakeholders and training institutions and the carrying-out of regional seminars in each country.
4. Finally the results of all partners were summarised in national reports and synthesis reports with the summarised results of all transnational partners.
Impact and sustainability of the project.
The impact of the project is on 3 levels:
1. The level of the training practice.
Here the used methods as participating observation, coaching of trainers, feed back and trainer exchange were the most useful approaches.
2. The institutional level.
The project partners and the VET trainig centres which were in close contact to them started processes how to reflect the training practice and to implement more support structures for the trainers. In Germany the qualitiy debate was focused to the quality of the training practice.
3. The general level of knowledge on the quality of pedagogical training strategies:
On this level the reports and planned publications will have relevance.
- Outcomes of the project activities in Spain in terms of sustainability and suggestions for other projects or activities that might follow are e. g. the fact that some VET centres started to present proposals for an implementation of elements from dual vocational educational training and that these centres had seeked AREA's consulting for this purpose,
- In Italy the focus to the integration of migrants was one of the main results,
- In Romania the activation of networking was one of the main sustainable results.
- In Germany the quality debate and its dissemination had sustainability dimensions:
* The questionnaires for trainers in VET (there was produced a special one for trainers in SMEs) and the discussion of the results led to the problem of quality in VET and how to organise sustainable structures for supporting them.
* In several meetings in the national quality work group, organised by the German NA, the focus was on the development and sustainable organisation of quality instruments in the VET.
* As one result some main outcomes of the project TVV was presented on a BIBB conference Bonn in June 2013.
* As one TOP in the Berufsbildungsausschuss of the Handwerkskammer Freiburg - with the focus on quality in VET - the main implications of the project were presented to the representatives of nearly 17.000 SME in the craft`s area and led to the decision to deepen and force the debate on quality also in the context of teaching and learning.
* In automn 2013 were started visits of SMEs - organised by the Handwerkskammer Freiburg -supporting them directly in teaching and arranging productive learning contexts
* On a PLA-seminar organized by the BIBB and CEDEFOP at 29/10/2013 in Offenburg some hypethesis of the project were presented and discussed with seminar participants and especially with the colleagues from CEDEFOP (from where the initial idea for the project came). Using the new EU-programs e.g. ERASMUS+ the debate on quality in VET will be continued.
- Publications: The Spanish project partners will publish a book with the results of their regional seminars, in which other project partners will be involved with articles (e.g. Gebhard Stein: Algunos comentarios para entender el sistema alemán de formación profesional).
Utilisation et diffusion de résultats
Entreprise, TPE, PME
Procédure pour l'analyse et le pronostic des besoins de la formation professionnelle
Product information The project creates various products. In the first period e.g. a questionnaires for trainers on the reality of their teaching practice was developed and evaluated. In the second period the main products were reports on the national results on the questionnaire, the support structure and training material. Also synthesis reportw were produced in which the results in a transnational view is presented.