Title ROUTE 2.0
Project Number 2011-1-ES1-LEO05-35792
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Internet has revolutionized markets, now the rules have changed and companies must adapt if they want to survive in this new environment, Users have easy access to information available through the tools of Web 2.0 what has changed consumer habits who become more discerning when making purchase decisions, so now the consumers are powerful.
Route 2.0 is the self-learning system by which tourism SMEs can access to the Social Networks world in a easily and professional way.
Summary ROUTE 2.0 is aimed to promote the use of web 2.0 tools among SMEs belonging to tourism sector in a first approach but open to other type of sector (as travel agencies, leisure services, accommodation, catering, ...).
The aim of Route 2.0 is to develop the skills and competencies necessary to integrate and implement Communication Strategies and Marketing actions through Web 2.0 tools in the process of business management for European SMEs and microSMEs form tourism sector through the creation of a methodology for continuous learning to improve the performance and competitiveness of these organizations.
ROUTE 2.0 project provides a learning system tailored to the specific needs of target audiences.
Training in WEB 2.0 tools , enables SMEs and microSMEs Using Web 2.0 tools at Communication Strategies have some advantages:
• understand Web 2.0 tools, showing them the possibilities offered as a communication tool for their business.
• understand how to manage their brands online.
• develop a strategy for effective communication through social networks.
• offer new competitive services and adapted to new needs.
• understand the importance of planning an effective communication plan.
• understand and plan communication for specific environments.
• generate transversal communication synergies to improve services or products.
• train SMEs and independent professionals in emerging jobs.
Open and distance learning
Accommodation and Food Service Activities
Information and Communication
Arts, Entertainment and Recreation
open and distance learning
material for open learning
ROUTE 2.0 is an innovative training project which incorporates new Information and Communication Technologies in the tourism sector in order to acquire skills and business skills with a view to the efficient use of ICT tools environments based on Social Media by European SMEs and freelancers.
ROUTE 2.0 has been promoted by the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of Badajoz (SPAIN), and has been supported by FUNDECYT-PCTEX (SPAIN), Medien- und FilmgesellschaftG (MFG) Baden-Württemberg (GERMANY), First Elements Euroconsultants(CYPRUS) and Business Development Friesland (BDF)(NETHERLANDS).