Title TRAINING & DEVELOPMENT OF EUROPEAN COMPETENCES ON MAINTENANCE OF ELECTRIC AND HYBRID VEHICLES - TECMEHV
Project Number 518574-LLP-1-2011-1-ES-LEONARDO-LMP
Project Type Development of Innovation
Country EU-Centralised Projects
1. Developing Vocational Skills considering the labour market needs – New Skills for New Jobs.
This project effectively improves sectoral identification and anticipation of skill and competence needs and their integration in VET by means of the joint involvement of companies, university, VET institutions and Research Institutions on the identification of new needs and the definition of a Competence Framework and its related multilingual online training modules. This will be the beginning of a long term activity to face the inmediate and future needs on the job market on the specific sector of ground vehicles maintenance, repair and operation.
2.Implementing ECVET for transparency and recognition of learning outcomes
The overall objectives of TECMEHV are to define, develop, implement and support in the medium and long term future the European wide professional Qualification for the electrical and hybrid vehicles maintenance and a e-learning platform within the European HEV industry to learn and understand how to manage HEV.
TECMEHV supports European Priority 4 (Develop vocational skills considering the labour market needs) and National Priorities 2 (Relevance to National VET systems) and 3 (Active involvement from ultimate target groups). There is currently no EHV maintenance and management training, available for all European countries’ interests, specifically for the Electrical & Hybrid vehicle industry.
TECMEHV will focus solely on the target group (European Electrical & Hybrid vehicle providers, engineers, mechanics and other involved ) and the benefits will include cost savings and operational and security improvements. Industry involvement will be fostered from the start, through a robust assessment of their needs through to the National Feedback Panels, pilot tests and valorisation activities.
TECMEHV project comprises two major activities:
• Definition of the Competence Framework on Electric & Hybrid Ground Vehicles Maintenance, Repair & Operation
• Development of set e-learning courses on several selected key topics related to the Units of Competence previously identified
The main beneficiaries of the project results will be EU Electrical & Hybrid vehicle manufacturers, engineers and mechanics; it is also expected to have an impact in other sectors such as electronics and electronic, medical, construction, etc.
Results will be exported to different kind of HEVs.
TECMEHV will establish consistent technical competency levels in several environments:1st in manufacturing. Beyond project finish, in the aftermarket, emergency services & breakdown recovery operators, ensuring the safe and sustainable growth of industry as technology begins to come to market.
TECMEHV project comprises two major activities:
Definition of the Competence Framework on Electric & Hybrid Ground Vehicles Maintenance, Repair & Operation
This first area comprises the definition of an European Level Competence Framework (CF), according to the definitions of the European Qualifications Framework (EQF)
This task will start with the evaluation of the actual state of technology: systems currently used, materials, methodologies, logistic chain, standards & regulations, etc.
The technological trends in this field will be also identified for its further consideration.
This information will then be used for the formal definition of the CF using a top-down methodology:
• Identification of the main Units of Competence (UC). A UC is the smallest unit that can be assessed and recognized. UC’s must be adhered to in training and assessment to ensure consistency of outcomes. UC’s represent discrete workplace outcomes.
• Detailed definition of each UC in terms of: Unit Descriptor, Employability Skills, Application of the unit, Elements, Performance criteria, Range statements, Required skills and knowledge and Evidence Guide.
This methodology for the definition of the CF is aligned with the EQF guidelines and recommendations.
The relevance, quality and applicability of this CF will be validated by submitting it to the evaluation by a panel of 12 experts (three experts per each of the parter’s countries, two from the Industry and one from de Academia)
Development of a set e-learning courses on several selected key topics related to the Units of Competence previously identified
This area comprises the following tasks:
• Setup of a web based Learning Management System to host the online modules.
• Creation of a selection of multilingual online training modules based on the Social Constructionist Pedagogical Model. These courses will be initially developed in English. After being submitted to an internal evaluation carried out by some partner’s staff not involved in the project and the subsequent improvements the modules will be translated to the partnership languages (Italian, German, French and Spanish).
The multilingual curses will then be subjected to pilot testing on each country. This will involve between 15 to 20 beta users on each country.
The aim of these courses is to create awareness on the target group on the key aspects involved in the maintenance of ground electric and hybrid vehicles.
Another important aspect is the sustainability of this initiative, this will be assured by the following actions:
• The TECMEHV products will be integrated into the VT offered by the partners. They will also be made available for other organisations to ensure its sustainability and increase the knowledge base on the target sectors.
• The consortium will continue to work together after the end of the project and promote TECMEHV. All partners will continue to valorise TECMEHV after the project has ended, with the aim of optimising its value and enhancing its impact.
Recognition, transparency, certification
Open and distance learning
Wholesale and Retail Trade; Repair of Motor Vehicles and Motorcycles
Electricity, Gas, Steam and Air Conditioning Supply
Professional, Scientific and Technical Activities
open and distance learning
material for open learning
description of new occupation profiles
Outputs of the project are:
-Three training modules (Safety, Energy Storage and Charge);
-a European Competence Framework for the Maintenance, Repair and Operation of Electric and Hybrid Ground Vehicles in Europe;
-An Augmented reality Showcase about energy disconnection in an EV
Projecthomepage www.EVTraining.eu (under construction)