Title I-VET. Reinforcement de le competences interculturelle pour VET trainers et enseignants
Project Number 2011-1-CH1-LEO05-00052
Project Type Projets de transfert d'innovation
Marketing Text Le project I-VET aide a reinforcer les competences interculturelles des trainers et enseignants
I-VET Summer School project aims at supporting initial and continuous training of VET teachers, trainers and tutors (priority: LEOTraInno-8), enhancing their competences in managing intercultural dynamics and communication. Further on tensions and conflicts determined by complexity of intercultural encounters engendered by multicultural features of social and professional environments, ask teachers and trainers an adequate capacity of developing key competences needed to assure social cohesion, through an aware and positive social and professional integration of people belonging to different cultural origins.
The project aims at valuing an effective model developed, with the “silent” participation of ECAP Foundation and EHB/IUFFP, by a Consortium of 6 European Tertiary Education Institutions, lead by University of Aosta Valley (Italy), in the framework of an Erasmus Intensive Program (Interdisciplinary Course of Intercultural Competences – ICIC). ICIC is a blended learning module – articulated in a theoretical preliminary phase to be delivered on-line and in an intensive experiential / reflective learning phase developed in presence – whose methodological approach fits particularly well to patterns characterizing intercultural competences building (immersing in an intercultural situation, exchanging with learners belonging to different cultures, reflecting upon our own experiences, becoming aware of our own cultural imprinting, being able to question our values and behaviors determined by cultural heritage). The original model is detailed in an Handbook (Building Intercultural Competences, edited by M.G.Onorati and F.Bednarz, Acco, Leuven, 2010).
From an operational point of view the project aims at designing, testing and consolidating a training offer addressed to VET teachers and trainers, based on an intensive training phase in presence (exchange and immersion), in form of a Summer School, and on establishment of a permanent learning community composed by VET teachers and trainers.
The project is articulated in 6 Work Packages:
1. Project management aiming at assuring project coordination, administrative management and monitoring. Responsible ECAP Foundation.
2. Adaptation and development of the model aiming at defining Guidelines for the development of intercultural competences of VET teachers and trainers. Responsible University of Aosta Valley, in cooperation with IUFFP, accompanied by the Scientific Steering Committee.
3. Learning Platform design and development as fast prototyping and testing of the learning Platform. Responsible IUFFP.
4. Planning and testing of the Summer School is core WP, articulated in 4 steps (I. design and planning on the basis of Guidelines defined by WP2 and organization of a training and planning transnational workshop by University of Aosta Valley open to local operators; II. validation of the model in the framework of a transnational seminar to be held in Belgium; III. organization and testing of the Summer School in pilot edition; IV. final evaluation and executive planning. Responsible ECAP Foundation, in cooperation with IUFFP and University of Aosta Valley, accompanied by the Scientific Steering Committee.
5. Quality assurance and evaluation, functional to continuous improvement of the model and its validation. Responsible IUFFP, accompanied by the Scientific Steering Committee.
6. Dissemination and valorisation plan aiming at assuring sustainability as well as Swiss wide added value, and European dimension, of achievements, letting Swiss teachers and trainers coming from different Cantonal and linguistic areas of Switzerland profit of the training offer. Responsible ECAP Foundation, in cooperation with IUFFP, USI and all transnational Network.
Utilisation et diffusion de résultats
Validation, transparence, certification
Formation ouverte et à distance
Marché du travail
Formation tout au long de la vie
Activités Spécialisées, Scientifiques Et Techniques
Santé Humaine et Action Sociale
Information et Communication
Enseignement à distance
Matériel pour l'enseignement
The project will be articulated in WPs enabling design, test and evaluation of some key products, deriving by the previous ICIC Model, as well as by experiences acquired in the framework of Orientation project:
- methodological Guidelines (coherent with original models to be transferred and with UNESCO Guidelines of 2006) for developing intercultural competences of VET teachers and trainers, in the framework of their initial and further qualification
- executive plan, whose feasibility will be tested on the basis of a pilot edition, of the “Summer School” open to VET and CVT teachers and trainers, to be organized yearly by promoting institutions, assuring the transnational expertise activated by the whole partnership
- a permanent virtual learning Platform, structured in form of a social networking tool enabling stable exchange opportunities for VET teachers and trainers communities of practices