Title LEAN manufacturing and marketing for graphic media
Project Number 2011-1-NL1-LEO05-05204
Product Lean Manufacturing & Lean Marketing for Graphic Media - teaching and training material
Title Lean Manufacturing & Lean Marketing for Graphic Media - teaching and training material
Product Type teaching material
In Europe a gap exists between skills in the labour market and needs of graphic media SMEs. It is not about technical knowledge but about efficiency of production. For employees in SMEs little knowledge is available or the knowledge is not enough attuned to the practical needs of employees in SMEs, as demands that companies are facing are new. Production must be increasingly effective and fit the needs of the customer. Developments are moving fast and it is difficult to remain connected to the changes. This makes it difficult to maintain a competitive position in the communications market, which also threatens the employment of workers.
Lean is a methodology to eliminate waste. It is a generic term for a range of skills and tools that can be used for making a company’s administration, production, sales and all other places with repeated processes, more effective and simple.
In this project first of all training including training instruments will be developed to facilitate LEAN manufacturing in graphic media SMEs for both employees and management. Secondly a LEAN marketing training including training instruments will be developed for the same target group to be able to deliver the increased production capacity (realized through LEAN manufacturing) to the market.
As a result company performance should and will improve through increased sales achievements, realized by management and employees using their new knowledge & skills which enabled them to sell the extra production capacity that was realized by applying the new gained knowledge & skills on LEAN manufacturing.
• companies in the graphic media Industry.
• Improving LEAN manufacturing&marketing skills of management and employees in graphic media SMEs;
• Improving their competitiveness by more effective and efficient production;
• Make a translation of aspects of LEAN manufacturing&marketing that have impact on company values in specific countries;
• Improve level of entrepreneurship to better compete with other suppliers of communication outside the industry or outside Europe.
• dissemination of project results through employers’ associations and EGIN network in the languages of partners and offering the trainings to other European countries.
• Gained knowledge must be deployed to the market and companies should invest on marketing;
• development of courses to upskill employers’ knowledge and to offer new entrants these skills in VET, to be better prepared to demands of SMEs.
Area of application
Improving the economical position for the graphic media industry on national and European level. Mobility cross border for employees will become easier. Development of a network between project partners will allow exchanging experiences and spreading knowledge, including the EGIN network. Trainings to educate management and employees in LEAN manufacturing and marketing will be tuned in the countries to be mutually supporting.