Title GREEN BRIDGES FROM GREY TO GREENING JOBS: MOVING FROM THE EQF AND ECVET PRINCIPLES TO EXPLOIT NEW EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES.
Project Number 518525-LLP-1-2011-1-ES-LEONARDO-LMP
Product Public part progress report
Title Public part progress report
Product Type others
Marketing Text BRIDGES FROM GREY TO GREENING JOBS is aimed at developing and experiencing a European device to recognise, transfer and capitalise knowledge - aptitudes - competences of the renewable energies workers to tackle the challenges of sustainable development.
• The European Union is willing to achieve in 2020 a rate of employment of 75% in women and men between 20 and 64 years old, and to reduce the 20% of the emissions of greenhouse effect gases, with 20% of the consumption covered by renewable energies.
• For that, 3 million workers are necessary in jobs linked to sustainable growth. Severe lacks of specialists on management and on technical fields make these objectives difficult.
• Lifelong learning is a key to benefit from the green growth opportunities.It is worth encouraging and improving the participation in lifelong learning without borders for all, as well as the transference, recognition and accumulation of the learning outcomes of the people in formal, not formal and informal contexts.
With this purpose, BRIDGES FROM GREY TO GREENING JOBS is aimed at contributing to the "European learning space" improving the transference, the recognition and accumulation of the learning outcomes of the renewable energies workers, who are willing to get a qualification to improve their transparency and transnational mobility among the member states. The main results of the project are:
- Creation of an European Consortium for the Development of Qualifications
- Design of the professional qualifications required by the sector in terms of learning results (based on ECVET system and the NVQ)
- Development a device in electronic format, favoring the interpretation and understanding of the qualifications.
- Experimentation to test the sector qualifications using the suitable procedures for the evaluation, transference and accumulation of learning outcomes
BRIDGES FROM GREY TO GREEN JOBS has a “bottom up” approach ensuring the pertinence of the products and results and conciliates different points of view: company and sector (put training closer to the enterprise world to favour competitiveness), the institutional perspective (contribution to the European strategy for employment 2020 and against the climate change) and the perspective of the learning suppliers (design of qualifications, accumulation of learning and experiencing).
For more detailed information see: http://www.greenjobsproject.eu/ where the description, aims, target group, results, events and partnership are specified in all partnership languages plus English for wider dissemination. The Basque language – euskara is also included. There is also a Download area where the user can see, print and keep the different interim results we are developing. This website is very useful for the sustainability of the project.
Other actions planned for the dissemination and sustainability of the project and its results:
- Internal training seminars (in each partner organisation) to qualify technicians on the use of the device
- Elaboration of the leaflet
- Publish press releases and articles in other publications
- Participation in thematic seminars and conferences, Public events
- Integration of the device into the internal processes of the partner organisations
- Open door day at the end of the project
- Elaboration of newsletters and sending them to all the partner organisations and dissemination among its collaborators.
- Keeping the Web site with all the information about the project operation and results.
- Participation in thematic seminars and conferences
- Learning memorandum elaborated by the partners
- Cooperation agreements with competent organisations on qualification in each country.
- Collaboration agreements with enterprise associations in all the countries.
Area of application
Product Languages English