Title Search, Find, Use
Project Number 2010-1-FR1-LEO05-14488
Project Type Transfer of Innovation
Our project is intended for teachers looking for teaching aids and exercises tailored to the needs and level of their learners. We provide a variety of teaching aids as well as a search engine to find exactly what they want.
This search engine ("CTU2: Search? Find! Use") lists a selection of some 10,000 exercises that can be downloaded free of charge, covering:
spelling in French, language improvement, learning to read for people with serious literacy problems, logical thinking, vocational communication, social skills, job descriptions, etc.,
- searchable by level, target audience, type of exercise, length, corrections, language in which the exercise is written, or key words; listed
- according to the skills in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (the European language portfolio), and
- according to the educational repository Key Competences in Professional Situations (CCSP).
At present the "CTU" ("Chercher? Trouver! Utiliser..." – Search, Find, Use) search engine for teachers and learners references 7000 exercises according to various search methods and criteria.
This project consists in:
1) referencing these 7000 exercises in FR, EN, DE, and BG according to the 30 competences in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (European Language Portfolio);
2) referencing the same 7000 exercises in FR, EN, DE, and BG according to the list of key competences in working situations (CCSP), which is being used more and more frequently;
3) categorising all the teaching aids and their specific sections according to the EQF (European Qualifications Framework);
4) integrating 3000 exercises from new teaching aids into the search engine references using all the criteria (including the Portfolio chart and the CCSP).
The project is intended for teachers and learners who wish to place language skills and key competences in recognised reference frameworks and to find exercises which will help them to achieve this aim.
The exercises exist in the languages most commonly taught in Europe.
The CTU search engine with its reference list of 10,000 exercises is aimed at teachers and trainers working with learners who are native speakers of French, English, German or Bulgarian, or who are studying one or more of these languages, particularly with regard to the Language Portfolio and the CCSP.
It is also intended for adults who, as part of life long learning, wish to improve their language skills for vocational purposes. With e-learning and individualised exercises, the aid will be particularly useful for people with reduced mobility or those in prison.
The project targets all sectors of education providing refresher courses in French, German, English or Bulgarian. It is appreciated by teacher training bodies, in-company training centres, resource centres, individualised teaching workshops, education in prisons, employment administrations and Integration Centres.
Since access will be free and in four languages, everything points to it having a considerable impact throughout Europe. We also undertake to maintaining the site for at least three years after the end of the project.
Access for disadvantaged
Recognition, transparency, certification
Product Types website
The result will be a new academic search engine in four languages (FR, EN, DE and BG) which will reference 10,000 exercises (exercises to combat illiteracy, to practise languages, and exercises in vocational communication, social skills, logical thinking and cognitive and behavioural development).
It will offer users various search methods:
- by skills charts
- by criteria (levels, types of teaching method, language or key words)
- by full text search for all the exercises in PDF format
The current search engine can be viewed at this address: www.telide.com/outil_pedagogique_europeen