Title Working and Learning in the World of Cradle-to-Cradle
Project Number 2011-1-NL1-LEO05-05200
Project Type Innovationstransfer
Cradle-to-Cradle (C2C) is a new, rewarding and very innovative concept used in more and more companies in Europe. C2C design is about creating continuous cycles of both biological and technical ‘nutrients’. This means that products are made from pure components that are easy to disassemble, in order to create new products in both the biological and technical cycles. Manufacturing processes rely on renewable energy, conserve water and embrace social responsibility (CSR).
The quality management system of ISO 26.000 on social responsibility used in enterprises will be developed towards the needs of the VET schools and the new European quality system EQAVET.
Therefore C2C fits in the European policy of achieving a Carbon Low Society and for New Skills for New Jobs.
The trained trainers will participate in new and existing ‘C2C Training and Expertise Centres’, in which the link to enterprises and the demands of the labour market are highly strengthened.
Cradle-to-Cradle (C2C) is a new, rewarding and very innovative concept used in more and more companies in Western Europe.
C2C fits the EU policy of achieving a Carbon Low Society and for New Skills for New Jobs.
One of the founders of the C2C concept, the German chemist Michael Braungart, is very active in his country. C2C has to become part of the corporate training system and the educational system and learning curriculum.
Also in The Netherlands and our partner countries (Germany, UK, Romania, Greece) there is much need to have C2C on vocational level, because (future) process operators, designers and middle management also have to know about how to work and produce
* The main aims and objectives of the project:
C2C needs new skills on process operating, design, middle and quality management.
Competence based education can fulfil these needs by using new educational methods developed in Germany, in our case ‘serious gaming’. Serious gaming will be the anacrusis to training in the workplace and continuous learning.
* The characteristics of the partnership that will implement the proposal:
The innovative C2C method is developed in Germany.
Partner roles will be developers, trained trainers and for reference & pilot. Dissemination & exploitation is organised by offering commercial orientated courses and by participating in new and existing networks of trainers.
* A general description of the tangible and intangible outcomes:
- Above C2C competences will be trained to corporate trainers and to VET teachers in a train-the-trainer programme.
- The trained trainers will participate in new and existing 'C2C Training and Expertise Centres', in which the link to enterprises and the demands of the labour market are highly strengthened.
- There are strong links between C2C and quality management systems. In our project we want to develop the quality management system of ISO 26.000 on social responsibility used in enterprises (CSR) towards the needs of the involved VET schools and towards the needs of the new EU quality system EQAVET. They are all in need of more cohesion.
Wasserversorgung; Abwasser- und Abfallentsorgung und Beseitigung von Umweltverschmutzungen
Verarbeitendes Gewerbe/Herstellung von Waren
Erziehung und Unterricht
* The impact envisaged:
- Corporate training and VET education in the partner countries develop competence based education on C2C/CSR on VET level, with new methodology as serious gaming leading towards workplace learning and with a teaching staff who knows about the needs and demands of companies and enterprises on new skills for new jobs, labour market demands, C2C learning outcomes and corporate social responsibility in ISO 26.000 and EQAVET.
- Teachers and trainers are able to make a curriculum for their students. They are guided by their team leaders and management according to the principles developed in the Leonardo ToI Learning for Living L4L programme.
- The trained trainers participate in new and existing networks and exploit their expertise in a commercial based way.