Title Transfer of Materials Library
Project Number 2010-1-CZ1-LEO05-04304
Product Type others
Marketing Text In total 16 seminars with 8 topics. Theoretical information but also case studies from the real life situations. Seminars, which will take place in the second year of the project, will bring interesting information about materials, new trends and developments to deepen knowledge of professionals and students from creative industries.
During second year of the project was planned to organize and run 16 seminars: 8 seminars in CZ and 8 seminars in SK. Finally 11 seminars in CZ and 8 seminars was organized and also small minifestival of materials. Each seminar had its theoretical part, covering the chemical and physical properties of the material, addressing main fabrication methods, environmental issues (recyclability, energy consumption when produced, fabricated, recycled, toxicity, where is it sourced from, transport issue…). The theoretical part should help the respondent to acquire the competence to be able to evaluate the material from different angles. Not to simply choose the material based on price and availability, but to try to educate the respondents towards bigger responsibility in choosing materials, considering the variety of criteria, which come into count. The second part of the seminar included case studies from the real life situation and practice.
These seminars were organized:
1) Materials, Technologies and Innovation by Elodie Ternaux (CZ and SK)
2) Biomimicry - Innovation Inspired by Nature by Janine Benyus (CZ)
3) Advanced Textile Materials for General Application by Prof. Ing Jiří Militký, CSc. (CZ and SK)
4) Colours - recent findings on fields of optic and photonic by RNDr. Jan Proška and Doc. Ing. Ivan Richter, Dr. (CZ and SK)
5) Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) of materials and products by doc. Ing. Vladimír Kočí, Ph.D. (CZ and SK)
6) Beauties and Mysteries of polymer materials by Prof. RNDr. Miroslav Raab, CSc. (CZ and SK)
7) Tradition and Materials by Ramun Capaul (CZ and SK)
8) Smart Surfaces and their Application in Architecture and Design by Heike Klussmann and Thorsten Klooster (CZ and SK)
9) What is happening with the world? by RNDr. Václav Cílek, CSc. (CZ and SK)
10) Institute of Making by Zoe Laughlin (CZ)
11) Second Nature: The Biomimicry Evolution by Chris Allen (CZ)
And Minifestival Simple Matter(s) held in CZ with 4 workshops, one lecture and exhibition opening.
Leaders of the worskhops were:
Aleš Hnízdil, Svatopluk Klimeš, Andrea Brena and Jan Činčera.
Lecturer: Pavla Melková, MCA
Curator of the exhibition: Elodie Ternaux
Target group Professionals and students from creative industries
Result Deepened knowledge about materials
Area of application Creative industries
Homepage www.materio.cz, www.designin.sk/materio/materio.php